A similar story to what happened with initial devs of XenForo 1.

ShikiSuen

I want to share you a story similar to what happened to initial devs of XenForo 1 (though they received no law-suit aftermath):

UK famous sheet-music DNW (digital notation workstation software) developer, the Sibelius team (lead by Daniel Spreadbury, though not the founder of the team) was acquired by AVID. However, AVID fired them all in 2012.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

These people are now acquired by a Deutsch company "Steinberg" and is making the world's most-modern commercial DNW in our sheet-music typography industry, just like XF team making the most-modern commercial PHP forum software.

Meanwhile, the US-based AVID is notorious that every of their acquired products stops making evolutions: ProTools (from Digidesign), Media Composer, and Sibelius (though minor new features are coming in a slow pace).

Yeah, the story is similar I guess. Dorico is doing great btw. Their devs are very engaging, they are dishing out many features and their software is really great from what I can see (unfortunately can't be used for my niche).

I want to share you a story similar to what happened to initial devs of XenForo 1
A similar situation in a similar field with different outcome was when Apple acquired Emagic (Logic). Although many people mourned the inevitable loss of the software on Windows platform

A similar situation in a similar field with different outcome was when Apple acquired Emagic (Logic). Although many people mourned the inevitable loss of the software on Windows platform
Forget about it. Cubase no longer uses Dongle since Cubase 12 (in 2022), a good replacement.

Logic Pro X on macOS does something redundant:
1. In notation mode, it automatically generates triplets even if your MIDI data weren't meant to.
2. Tempo automation density auto-simplification sucks.

Logic Pro 6 went to macOS platform is simply due to the fact that Windows is just bad for audio production purposes at that time. People have to buy expensive ASIO-compatible audio interfaces to run Cubase or Pro Tools on Windows. Nowadays, thanks to the WASAPI protocol, one can use FlexASIO instead.

Meanwhile, on macOS, we have Homebrew and MacPorts to install open-source command-line audio utilities. On Windows? Prior to the availability of WSL, it is too hard for Windows users to have an experience equivalent to Homebrew and MacPorts.

Logic Pro X on macOS does something redundant:
1. In notation mode, it automatically generates triplets even if your MIDI data weren't meant to.
It all depends how you set it up. It's worked fine for me over all these years working in music production and composing. I could never use Cubase as a DAW, nor Sibelius nor Dorico as a notation adjunct when Logic has everything aleady within one app re: audio, MIDI and score.

Cubase no longer uses Dongle since Cubase 12 (in 2022), a good replacement.
But Cubase notation is no good, whereas Logic's is great.

But i don't see any need to get into that argument, i was just discussing similar situation about acquisitions, no need to get into arguments about which DAW is better

It all depends how you set it up. It's worked fine for me over all these years working in music production and composing. I could never use Cubase as a DAW, nor Sibelius nor Dorico as a notation adjunct when Logic has everything aleady within one app re: audio, MIDI and score.

But Cubase notation is no good, whereas Logic's is great.

But i don't see any need to get into that argument, i was just discussing similar situation about acquisitions, no need to get into arguments about which DAW is better
Cubase notation is terrible. That's why I use Dorico.

Logic Pro's workflow is special, especially its "environment". I know really less about that.

Top Bottom