• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

A 'resource' question

surfsup

Can we have a downloadable file that is for sale where public people can purchase them but if someone is part of a specific usergroup they can download it without paying?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
The RM doesn't have payment processing so all payments are handled externally and therefore XF user groups don't apply at the point of payment/purchase.

You would have to do it with two separate resources - one paid and and one available to the user group.

surfsup

The RM doesn't have payment processing so all payments are handled externally and therefore XF user groups don't apply at the point of payment/purchase.

You would have to do it with two separate resources - one paid and and one available to the user group.
Yeah I know that but I was wondering if we can still have it held externally (as it is now) - but if someone was in a specific usergroup then they would just see a download button. Kinda like @digitalpoint has here; https://marketplace.digitalpoint.com/digital-point-search.1772/item ?

I dont see it being any different than someone not being logged in and says "Not Available"

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Resources can only be a single type, so it would only be able to be hosted and downloadable, or paid.
Not both.

digitalpoint

Yeah I know that but I was wondering if we can still have it held externally (as it is now) - but if someone was in a specific usergroup then they would just see a download button. Kinda like @digitalpoint has here; https://marketplace.digitalpoint.com/digital-point-search.1772/item ?

I dont see it being any different than someone not being logged in and says "Not Available"
Just FYI, that's not the resource manager (nor was it based on it). That's a marketplace built from scratch with the sole purpose of selling digital goods. So it's not some option I just enabled for the resource manager (which I don't even have a license for).