A random request for help... (UK Mainly)

Slavik

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Hi guys,

Bit of a random one here, but it may be something you can help out with.

I work with a couple of charities and not-for-profit organisations, usually fixing or maintaining their IT systems for free.

Anyways, one of the not-for-profit (attempting to fundraise to become charity status (which I find realy ironic)) organisations had a laptop they used for writing up letters / promotionals, replying to emails, and fundraising etc on, got dropped, and is beyond repair.

Basically, I am wondering if any of you guys can keep an eye out for someone getting rid of or decomissioning a laptop or PC capable of running ideally something like vista+, office and emails without issue and could hopefully bag it for them.

I would be more than happy to pay for any postage costs, or come collect it in person if its not too far away, but they are struggling to cope without it, and being a not-for-profit organisation they can't afford to buy a new one.

If you guys could just keep your eyes peeled for me, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

//Slav

What is the cause behind their organization?

I maybe able to help with an older laptop pc. It currently has Windows XP Pro running on it (I think). Not sure how it would take on Windows Vista.

What is the cause behind their organization?

I maybe able to help with an older laptop pc. It currently has Windows XP Pro running on it (I think). Not sure how it would take on Windows Vista.

They provide care to injured, helpless and abandoned hedgehogs, nursing them to health, re-habilitating them then releasing them back to the wild.

:)

They provide care to injured, helpless and abandoned hedgehogs, nursing them to health, re-habilitating them then releasing them back to the wild.

:)
Sounds nice. :)

What do they really do? :p

..... PM me the address and I'll send it to them. I'll wipe it completely clean and install Ubuntu on it. They can do with as they wish from there.

Don't worry about shipping cost. It wasn't being used and honestly it most likely would have been gifted away any ways.

Sounds nice. :)

What do they really do? :p

..... PM me the address and I send it to them. I'll wipe it completely clean and install Ubuntu on it. They can do with as they wish from there.

Don't worry about shipping cost. It wasn't being used and honestly it most likely would have been gifted away any ways.

Thanks very much Adam,

Will PM you now :)

Top Bottom