Add-on A question for add on makers. How hard is this subscription system modification to do?

jonsidneyb

Let's see if I can articulate this well enough.

This involves 7 different subscriptions.

Subscription A, B, C, and D would be available to all members and I understand the stock system can do what I want for the first four items.

E, F, and G might be a bit of a problem.

E, F, and G will be restricted to people in certain occupation and will be verified before being allowed to buy the subscriptions. The price on F, and G will be negotiated.

These last three how to buy would not be seen by the other members. Any member can be in A, B, C, and D including those in E, F, and G, however if you are eligible to belong in E, F, or G you cannot belong to another groups in the last three.

Example: If you are in group E: you cannot belong to F, or G, but you can belong to A, B, C, and D.

I would want to be able to approve anyone eligible for, then be able to create a place for them to pay each month for their subscription. If they break certain forum rules or their occupation changes the ability to pay for that subscription would be taken away. Because F, and G, prices are negotiated I would have to set them up company by company.

In a nut shell I want to be able to set up hidden subscriptions for selected people that only a certain individual can see how to pay for while at the same time have four subscriptions visible to all people.

I am interested in having something like this made.

Hmmm,

No opinions?
Usergroups is your best option. If a member selects occupation E from custom profile fields, you can then promote them into usergroup E.
If you have negotiated with a member and they are eligible to be in usergroup F or G you would need to manually move them into this group.
And you might want to have two options, i.e. F eligible and F subscribed.

Usergroups is your best option. If a member selects occupation E from custom profile fields, you can then promote them into usergroup E.
If you have negotiated with a member and they are eligible to be in usergroup F or G you would need to manually move them into this group.
And you might want to have two options, i.e. F eligible and F subscribed.

That will mean I will need to check to see if they paid each month after the first month. I was trying to streamline it to where after the negotiation I could set it up where they could handle the transaction on their own each month but only they could see how to do it. I already have an 8 hour day in just answering emails and phone calls before I even log into my forum on some days. I was in hopes that I would be able to get created the features in AWJunkies subscription system that I would use. I have actually been holding out for his system but I am starting to run out of time.

One of the three groups I would be just confirming what type of business they are doing before making it visible to them, if I had to take care of that one manually I would keep me so busy that I would have to shut down the forum. The other two that would be negotiated would take up some time but would not be near the same volume level.

It would help if Xenforo enabled other payment options, rather than just paypal. Chargify.com may be your best bet for subscription payment management, but everything would have to be done manually until fill integration were enabled with Xenforo. Chargify has a lot of dunning management and follow-up procedures to get people to update their credit cards, etc. Paypal is very limited in this respect.

It would help if Xenforo enabled other payment options, rather than just paypal. Chargify.com may be your best bet for subscription payment management, but everything would have to be done manually until fill integration were enabled with Xenforo. Chargify has a lot of dunning management and follow-up procedures to get people to update their credit cards, etc. Paypal is very limited in this respect.

I am not looking for being able to use anything other than paypal and I don't want recurring billing at all. I just want to be able to hid options.

Can one of the menu add-ons be modified to show only links and content to registered users and groups?

I am not sure how the guys that said they could do it but don't have time would pull it off. I figured the last three groups would have to be managed via another user group.

The first 4 everyone can see.

The last three only the people I select can see one of the three. It would be worth it to create a usergroup for each person that needed access. It would take time the first time I set them up but from then on it is automated. If they break the rules I can cut them off by taking that usergroup away from them and they can no longer subscribe to the restricted subscriptions.

I wonder if it would be easier to have two subscriptions systems running. One that everyone can see and a seperate one for the others?

Top Bottom