A new prospective XF family member - Please reply immediatly.

Sudeep

Hello,

First of all congratulations for wonderful Xenforo.

We already have one forum running VB3. We are planning to launch another new forum and we are seriously considering Xenforo. But we are concerned about where does Xenforo stand with respect to following features :

- CMS like VBAdvanced
- Credit Earning system
- AdvancedReputation System
- Award System
- Multiple User Registration Prevention
- Stopping Spam registration and Posts
- Blogging
- Adsense compatibility
- Members Photo album
- Members group
- Shoutbox
- Reply/rep notification

Please guide for each points as listed above. Once satisfied, we would be happy to be a part of XF. We may also consider migrating our existing VB forum.

Thanks in advance.
Sudeep

- Reply/rep notification
- Award System
- AdvancedReputation System
- Adsense compatibility
These are built into XenForo as core features: Alerts, Trophies, Likes, and the template system, respectively.
- CMS like VBAdvanced
A full CMS doesn't exist yet: Most people use a mixture of XenForo's built in Pages and one of the add-on portals like Jaxel's XenPorta.

- Credit Earning system
- Multiple User Registration Prevention
- Stopping Spam registration and Posts
- Blogging
- Members Photo album
- Members group
- Shoutbox
All of these are available as add-ons in the Resources area of this site:

- Credit Earning system - *******'s Credits would do this, as would several other add-ons.
- Multiple User Registration Prevention - Not sure on this one, I'd need to check. It's safe to say the functionality exists somewhere, however.
- Stopping Spam registration and Posts - XenForo has built in spam prevention tools, which can be augmented by add-ons such as FoolBotHoneyPot, sonnb's Stop Spam Here, XenUtiles, etcetera.
- Blogging - There are two blogging add-ons, [XI] Blogs and Better Blogs.
- Members Photo album - Chris Deeming's excellent Xen Media Gallery should serve your needs here.
- Members group - There are a couple of Member Groups add-ons: Social Groups by Waindigo and Social Groups by Rigel Kentaurus
- Shoutbox - Again, a couple of add-ons for this. Perhaps the most popular is TaigaChat by Luke Foreman, and there is also AjaxChat Integration. Lastly, XenHabla (or just a custom page, which I use) can integrate an IRC applet into your chatroom.

Thank you Teapot.

All that add on you mentioned, can you please tell me what would be my buying cost in total ?

(As for blogging: we need only specific users to blog, not for all)

To clarify something the XenMedia Gallery doesn't allow for users to create personal albums just yet. It's planned for a future update but currently that isn't possible. There are other options like UserAlbums which will allow users to create personal albums. XenMedia Gallery will be the better addon once it adds the feature for user albums as the addon creator is one of the best.

I also recommend TaigaChat from Luke Foreman as it's by far the best shoutbox I have used for any system.

All that add on you mentioned, can you please tell me what would be my buying cost in total ?
Only counting the add-ons I have mentioned:

XenPorta: Free,
*******'s Credits: Free, as are the alternatives.
FoolBotHoneyPot: 14 GBP/21 USD, sonnb's Stop Spam Here: 15 USD, XenUtiles: Free (choose one or more)
[XI] Blogs: 35 USD, Better Blogs: 40 USD (choose one for member blogs)
Chris Deeming's excellent Xen Media Gallery: 40 GBP/60 USD
Social Groups by Waindigo: Free, Social Groups by Rigel Kentaurus: 39.99 USD
TaigaChat: Free or 25 GBP/37 USD, depending on version.

This cost will work out as roughly: 0+0+21+35+60+0+37 = $153 USD - although this is simply by choosing the add-ons I would buy and shouldn't be a hard and immutable quote. YMMV, IMHO, etcetera.

Top Bottom