A jump from 120,000 feet above the earth, to the very edge of Space

I remember watching a documentary of Joe Kittinger made the parachute jump. Very interesting especially as the jump he made could have easily been aborted had he reported to the ground he had a tear in his glove when he made the parachute jump back to earth.

You can also view it LIVE directly on YouTube
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
!

EDIT: What the frack, I can't post a youtube link without it being embedded?

I want to do this sooo friggin bad....call me crazy but jumping out of a flying aircraft and dropping 120K' is definitely living....wait that came out wrong. :-)

I want to do this sooo friggin bad....call me crazy but jumping out of a flying aircraft and dropping 120K' is definitely living....wait that came out wrong. :)

I don't think any aircraft is capable of reaching altitudes of 120,000 feet. perhaps the u2 spyplane or the lockheed blackbird might come close to it. I'd def try it given the chance, nothing like falling faster that the speed of sound. I'm prity good with heights, it's hitting the ground that would bother me. :D

I don't think any aircraft is capable of reaching altitudes of 120,000 feet. perhaps the u2 spyplane or the lockheed blackbird might come close to it. I'd def try it given the chance, nothing like falling faster that the speed of sound. I'm prity good with heights, it's hitting the ground that would bother me. :D
which is why I thought this sounded a bit funny after reading aloud post-typing...
call me crazy but jumping out of a flying aircraft and dropping 120K' is definitely living....wait that came out wrong. :)

A jump from 120,000 feet above the earth, to the very edge of Space

****, hes going upwards when he jumps out the balloon O.o?

:p yah know....I didn't catch that ...but thinking about it now....that would be crazy to watch live as well...though I don't think my brain would believe it.

Top Bottom