A good ftp

80sDude

What a good ftp program to use in today’s scene. I used to use cute ftp but is there anything better or is cute still the way to go?

Filezilla was terrible for getting stuck on retrying the same file, which stopped the transfer.

WinSCP for hundreds of installations without a single error.

Bonus points for not having to install Firefox.

Filezilla was terrible for getting stuck on retrying the same file, which stopped the transfer.

WinSCP for hundreds of installations without a single error.

Bonus points for not having to install Firefox.
I've been using FileZilla for over 10 years. I never had that problem.

As for Firefox, what does that have to do with FileZilla or WinSCP?

If you're using to install add-ons only, don't use any FTP program, use the Install/upgrade from archive function instead.

1601081027761.webp

I've been using Filezilla, but have never particularly gelled with it - I used to use FTP Voyager back in the day! 🤭

I'd never heard of WinSCP so I'm going to give that a go, and it's automatically imported sites from Filezilla which is a nice touch.

Unless they changed it in an update for FileZilla, I prefer WinSCP because it can remember your session & the last folders you were in. So you don't have to drill down to it from the root folder every time.

Unless they changed it in an update for FileZilla, I prefer WinSCP because it can remember your session & the last folders you were in. So you don't have to drill down to it from the root folder every time.
In FileZilla, the reconnect icon in the top menu lets you reconnect to the last session and path you last used.

In FileZilla, the reconnect icon in the top menu lets you reconnect to the last session and path you last used.

Oh right, so what I found superior on WinSCP is I have over 10 different connections saved. When I open it, it shows me that list, whatever connection I open, it remembers the folder/path I was last in. Not specifically the last session I used, it remembers every folder/path per connection. I don't think this was possible in FileZilla, so I preferred WinSCP because it was more intuitive to my use.

I used to use WS_FTP for years before I started having problems with it. I'm using WinSCP without any problems for years now. :-)

Top Bottom