A few pre-sale question

Adam Howard

Smilies, can you add them and is their a "more link"?

If I was to add 300 smilies from my current community... I do not think they would all fit on 1 small drop down menu. :p

Paid Subscriptions (for members)... How customizable are they compared to vBulletin?

On my community now, subscription members get more perks (larger avatars, more pm space, ect...)

How easy is it to add code to the template? (Can you?)

Smilies, can you add them and is their a "more link"?
No more link at this time
If I was to add 300 smilies from my current community... I do not think they would all fit on 1 small drop down menu. :p

Paid Subscriptions (for members)... How customizable are they compared to vBulletin?
The same, or close enough for me.
On my community now, subscription members get more perks (larger avatars, more pm space, ect...)
Yep.. same in that regard
How easy is it to add code to the template? (Can you?)
For me it is far easier that vb3.8 to do template edits

When importing from vBulletin 4, do all the settings and permissions carry over?
yes for things that are supported eg there are no blogs in xf
Should I un-install modifications on vBulletin 4, before I try to import?
Of course ;)

A happyplace add-on was created by inph and is currently and kindly maintained by kier which compensates for people using an abundant amount of smilies. That add-on is available here. There's not a more link but there's a tab you click and it displays all smilies which I find better, it is better and allows you to even drag and drop the smilies into your post.

Thank you for answering my questions (others are welcome add more if they feel they can). :)

Has anyone here had issues importing and if so, how easy was it to resolve or was it possible to resolve?

How well does XenForo handle 3rd part modifications? (With vBulletin this could slow things down quick)

How easy is it to add modifications?

Are there any modification that help further import from vBulletin, where the current importer is lacking?

While it is clear that XenForo loads quicker in the browser then vBulletin, how much resources does XenForo typically out ("out of the box")?

What do you feel are the most common issues I may have to look out for?

For those who have used support here... How quick, friendly, and affectively has been support?

The smilie window size can be increased if required, although it does require editing a core file.

I can't comment on vB features but user upgrades seem to work very well.
Larger (pixel size) avatars aren't an option as avatars can't be increased anyway. Same goes for PMs, there is no concept of an inbox.

Editing templates is extremely easy, as is reverting them.

I imported from phpBB via vB, the only issues were related to custom BB Code.

Adding modifications is a case of uploading the files to the server and browsing to the install .xml file.

According to reports, a stock XenForo doesn't use a lot of resources. You'll have to search for the relevant threads.

You'll have to ask others about the support they've received. I haven't seen many (any?) complaints though.

The help manual may be of some use: http://xenforo.com/help/manual/
Also the FAQ which is linked in my signature: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/

Are customers allowed to beta test future pre-released builds (now after v1 has been released)?

I haven't personally used the support ticket system here. That said, any issues you post here you'll get a friendly response and your any issue you have will be met with a quick solution. Normally Brogan will be the guy that fixes most peoples issues around here but any issue related posts posted here mike and kier as well as the community will always have a solution to any potential problems you may have.

Top Bottom