XF 1.3 A default Guest Avatar?

There are already default avatars for those who don't upload one.

If you are seeing a blank space then it could be a custom style issue, with the default avatars missing from the directory.

Hi Brogan , they are missing. there is a ? in the avatar box by all the guest posts. Where would I upload my own custom default avatars for guests? I want to make some funny ones.

In a default style, the default avatars are located in styles\default\xenforo\avatars.

You will need to upload your own to the equivalent directory in your custom style.

thanks Brogan I found them in the file mangaer. The default ones are basically a question mark, male sign, female sign. thanks Now I know which ones to change and where
Be aware, if you change them in the default location... upon your next upgrade the new version of XenForo those will be overwritten with the default ones again.
I recommend that you use a child style and define in Style Properties the default image location to a new directory for your child style that you have created.

Be aware, if you change them in the default location... upon your next upgrade the new version of XenForo those will be overwritten with the default ones again.
I recommend that you use a child style and define in Style Properties the default image location to a new directory for your child style that you have created.

thanks Tracy for your help , that saves me the trouble at the next upgrade. I am sure I would of been like "where the hell did that go?"

Top Bottom