90's Childhood in 3 Minutes

Forgot one console, Intellivision. Bowling on it was our favorite LOL
omg, my step mom had one of those - classics.

And that was in the late 90s, early 2000s! ;) - She had a game boy up to when she died last year - that got some use I can tell you!

There's some things in there I remember, but being born in 76, I'm an 80's child really.

Ahh, when life was simple and when you left the house you were completely disconnected from everything, no mobiles, no blackberries, ok - crappy pagers had appeared, but other than a line of text, they couldn't do much.

No home PCs, perhaps a Commodore 64 or Spectrum if you were lucky :)

Those were the days! :LOL:

The world was becoming super modern in 76. The real world was dead and buried by then.

The world was becoming super modern in 76. The real world was dead and buried by then.
You said it. There was a time gone by when you knew it was time to come home, not by a phone call or a text message, but because the yellow porch light was on. That would be the first time you'd be back home since morning and no one worried. The neighborhood moms looked out for (and yelled et) every kid in the neighborhood.

You said it. There was a time gone by when you knew it was time to come home, not by a phone call or a text message, but because the yellow porch light was on. That would be the first time you'd be back home since morning and no one worried. The neighborhood moms looked out for (and yelled et) every kid in the neighborhood.

Yep, we had the yellow light too. That was back when kids knew you could fish with just a string and hook. The pole was a stick you found while walking to the creek, pond, or lake. We even knew how to find a full meal when out playing. Cook the fish on a flat rock, finds some wild plants like polk, and lambs quarter. Wild grapes on onions could be found too. Those where the days.

Yep, we had the yellow light too. That was back when kids knew you could fish with just a string and hook. The pole was a stick you found while walking to the creek, pond, or lake. We even knew how to find a full meal when out playing. Cook the fish on a flat rock, finds some wild plants like polk, and lambs quarter. Wild grapes on onions could be found too. Those where the days.
Oh yeah. Or wrap them in a lilly pad, pack that into a mud ball and toss it into the coals until it was hard. The you crack it open, unwrap the lilly pad and have baked fish. Simpler times.

Top Bottom