[8WR] XenUtiles (Backup) PRO

[8WR] XenUtiles (Backup) PRO [Paid] 1.0.1

No permission to buy ($10.00)

Jaxel

Jaxel submitted a new resource:

[8wayRun.Com] XenUtiles (Backup) - Automated Database Backups

With the release of XF1.2 I've decided to comply with a long-requested change to how I do XenUtiles. In the past, I've included all of my admin tools into XenUtiles as a single omnibus package... people didn't like this. So instead, I will be separating packages into related features.

This specific package is for automated database backups. Now before I go on, I want to point out that database backup is very easy to do and there are many guides on how to automate it yourself through...

Read more about this resource...

PHP exec() enabled
my server is shared and they don't give ssh access and shell

would this still work ? and will it backup the whole database including addons ... etc
is it web based ? i've tried some of those and they never complete the back up let alone lots of error and time out
also using the CP back up, there are always some errors and limitation on the size

would the size of the database causes any issue

PHP exec() enabled
my server is shared and they don't give ssh access and shell

would this still work ? and will it backup the whole database including addons ... etc
is it web based ? i've tried some of those and they never complete the back up let alone lots of error and time out
also using the CP back up, there are always some errors and limitation on the size

would the size of the database causes any issue
Your shared host may impose their own restrictions that I really cant give an answer about. Some shared hosts put restrictions on file sizes...

It doesn't. It strictly backs up the MySQL database.

You should update the description and mention that attachments are not included in the backup so everyone is clear that this is a complete XF backup solution.

Hello,

Why can non-performing your addon? PHP exec() check passes. No error is displayed. Write permissions to the folder where the backup should appear there. Setting clearly satisfied because the index.html file and subfolders are created. A SQL-file does not exist. Played with the settings and schedule - did not notice the difference.

VDS own, did not set any restrictions. Where to look for a solution? Help please!

VDS Operation System - Windows 2012 Standart x64 Russian

No log file has been found for this backup

metadata:
Backup Time:
01.09.2013 в 10:16 10:16
0 Часов 0 minutes 0 seconds
Backup Directory:
2013-09-01 00_16_08
E:\XenForo/internal_data/backup/2013-09-01 00_16_08
Имя базы данных MySQL:
gb_rwd
MySQL Dump Options:
--verbose
File Output:
single
File Compression:
none
Настройки:
Deactivate Board During Backups +
Enable Remote FTP Backups

Last edited:
I'm getting the following error in my mysql log:

-- Connecting to localhost...
mysqldump: Got error: 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) when trying to connect

it says 'connecting to localhost'. im on mediatemple, and they have the mysql database on a seperate server (I have to specify a custom url to point to the database).

mediatemple uses the following command line to make a mysql dump:

Code:
mysqldump --add-drop-table -h internal-db.s00000.gridserver.com -u username -p dbname > dbname.sql

is there a way I can specify this in the custom flags field of this plugin?

thanks!

Add to your custom flags:
Code:
-h internal-db.s00000.gridserver.com
See if that works.

What about my case? Copied the command in cmd - it worked fine, and creates a log and dump.
Honestly, I have no idea. If you have --verbose and there is no log file, there may be restrictions set up by your host.

On what specific limitations you say? I am the administrator of the VDS, write to the folder is enabled. No restrictions are not set. All settings of Windows Server 2012 Standard by default. What else do I see?

Top Bottom