• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenMedio (Media)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive purchased the premium model from day 1 but actually never tried it out until now. All setup correct except that I keep getting a 'file does not exist' error when trying to import an mp3. Im guessing ive put it in the wrong directory. I use the /data/media folder in the XF directory. Im guessing this has changed?? Cheers

**UPDATED WITH SCREENSHOTS**
fxp.webp
submit.webp

error.webp

Added some screenshots, might make it easier to explain, am I doing something wrong?
Supposed to be in /data/local/... this was changed months ago because I felt it would have been too hard to browse /data/media/ when you had thousands of videos. Not to mention, when uninstalling the mod, it would be able to complete.

Supposed to be in /data/local/... this was changed months ago because I felt it would have been too hard to browse /data/media/ when you had thousands of videos. Not to mention, when uninstalling the mod, it would be able to complete.
That will do it, thank you :)

Technically, anyone can use the podcast feed... its the same exact thing as the rss feed, but it will only query for "local" media. So if you don't have the premium model, your podcasts will be empty since you wont have any hosted media.

Example: RSS: http://www.8wayrun.com/media/category/intros-cutscenes.10/rss
Example: Podcast http://www.8wayrun.com/media/category/intros-cutscenes.10/podcast (notice how it's empty?)

How to use the podcast feed? Just add a local media to a category; it will automatically get added to the podcast feed. The best way to do this would be to create a category just for your local podcast media, then add them using the local code "video:filename.mp4" or "audio:filename.mp3" are good examples.
Hi Jaxel,

I know diddly squat about RSS and Podcasting but im trying to learn now.

I think(probably wrong) but your URL's mentioned above dont appear to be right? the /rss appears good but the /podcast link is showing code like the /rss directory ... is that right?

Im testing this on my local server.

http://localhost/community/media/category/podcasts.2/podcast

Obviously you cant access that link but is that what someone would type in to podcast that category? If so it doesnt appear to be working.

I like this Addon very much and tested it a lot in the last time.
And if my Site goes on after switching to XF I will use it. (and donate ;))
Question: I have Premium Member and "normal" Members. Is it possible that some Categories in the Videosection are only useable by Premium Member?
This would be a very nice Feature.

Hi Allan,

Log into your AdminCP go to Appearance>Phrases; search for 'Media' make sure to tick 'prefix match' and the first result will be 'media'. Change the 'Phrase Text' to whatever you want to change it too.
Thank you ddmmh :), (find in acp), but i don't find in xml file.

Thank you ddmmh :), (find in acp), but i don't find in xml file.
Umm sorry I dont understand, so youre good now?? :p
There is no need to edit any XML. If you simply wish to change the title of 'Media' to something else then just follow my steps :)

Umm sorry I dont understand, so youre good now?? :p
There is no need to edit any XML. If you simply wish to change the title of 'Media' to something else then just follow my steps :)
I am trying to translate this hack, and I need to know or find this expression in xml file :p

Hi Jaxel,

I know permissions are one of your bugbears and if this is a permissions error somewhere I can't find it.

I've just started a new forum. Fresh database and first install of XenForo 1.0.

Add-ons I have installed are:
XenAttendo
XenCarta
XenMedio
XenPorta

My Unregistered/Unconfirmed Usergroup has every permission set to "Never" except for:
"General Permissions" View = Allow - View Node = Allow.

I've viewed the site using 3 different computers now (with both Firefox and Explorer) and as a guest I can see all the media, events and wiki content.

Is this a bug on a totally fresh install or is there another place I should be setting these permissions? On my other forum where I've upgraded all the way along (as opposed to a fresh install) I also have this problem for XenAttendo only on another forum (permissions all set the same way) - this forum hasn't been upgraded to the latest versions of XenForo and all add-ons as yet.

Regards,
Renada

How to provide RSS and PODCAST buttons when on appropriate page inside of XenMedio module??? I would lke for registered members only access to these two features..

[8wayRun.Com] XenMedio (Media) v1.3.2 CHANGELOG
  • Admin functions have been moved to their own sub route controller.
  • You can now select MULTIPLE media forums! (reselect media forums after this upgrade)
  • Fixed board URL settings so Silverlight player should work with both friendly URLs and without.

Multiple Media forums feture is the killa :D Thanks Jaxel. A happy premium user of this amazing mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom