8 years is gone just because of 2 days...Goodbye SERVINT

swatme

Goodbye ServInt, 8 years is gone just because of 2 days...

Migrating from one host to another host is sad, especially if you live there for 8 years.
its like your home away from home.

Sad but its time to move on to other host that will give special attention to their
long time loyal customers.

The reason? 8 years was gone because of 2days!
Yes 2 days out of 2880 days with them!

I just requested a 2 days extension to their sales for my extension to pay because
we are in a family vacation abroad.

TWO DAYS is all i need for me to replenish my cc.
vacationing abroad will make your cc out of funds.

The stress that you get when you are in hotel abroad in the middle of the night
with untrusted connection + your hosting provider is declining you for
a very tiny request is too much!

Sadly it was turned down, server was down after begging them to extend for 2days...
Wait ive been loyal to them for 8 YEARS!?!?

Thats 8 freaking years!!!!
what is 2days extension compared to 8 freaking years???

Well goodbye servint, my 8 years with you is lost because of the action
of one sales staff.

Goodbye SERVINT, 8 years is gone just because of 2 days...
i hope you will take care of your loyal customers...

How i wish i can relay this to reed caldwell (owner of servint) so that he knows
the quality of customer service to loyal customers.
its sad that servint does not care to their longtime loyal customers...
how i wish im wrong and its just unlucky day for me and the sales staff :-(

Last edited:
I have the same situation before with VPS.NET luckily they understand me and extend my plan for a week :coffee:

This is such a shame to hear. It's not at all unheard of (and rather common) to do things like this (short extensions) for long-time customers. 8 years is some insane customer loyalty to a hosting company these days. They should have never let you go over something so simple.

Reactions: rdn
ouch just for 2 days ! you mean you lost data and got terminated ?

Guess it depends on web host. I had similar problem with Wiredtree but they were very understanding. My CC auto charge was declined for some reason despite having an available funds and ended up 7 days past due date. I contacted them to let them know the situation and that I will call my bank to see what the problem was. Bank fixed the problem and charge went through 11+ days past due date. I've been Wiredtree customer for coming on 6 years next month :)

Had a similar issue. Ultimately I missed a few payments but that was because I believed I was on auto-pay however I never got an email or alert from the host that there was an outstanding balance or my server was at risk of termination. Stupid at all levels.

I've been with them since January of 2011.. I just make sure my credit card details are up to date. But, sad situation none the less..

Before I went colocation I was with ServInt as well and the support and sales was always outstanding. They also sent out invoices prior to being billed and they always billed the same time each month so it wasn't like they charged on the 4th one month and the 28th the next month. Sounds like poor planning on your part for not keeping a budget and making sure funds was there regardless of vacation or shopping spree.

Good luck in your search for a new host.

Did you manage to backup all of your data or was that lost? 8 years is an incredibly long time, such as a shame they ruined such a lengthy relationship with you over a couple days.

Good luck moving forward!

Guess it depends on web host. I had similar problem with Wiredtree but they were very understanding.
Received a notice today from WiredTree that my account was past due by 2 days. My sites were still up (actually if they weren't, I never would have received the notice -- should probably do something about that). I just opened a ticket with their Billing department and it turned out their system hadn't even attempted Auto-Pay on my card this month due to some race condition.

In short, I too am a satisfied WiredTree customer, if you're still looking for new hosting.

You should have arranged all this and made the payment before your vacation. This is your responsibility.

While that's true, a little leeway for a customer that's been with you for 8 years wouldn't hurt. Had I been in the OP's position, I'd leave too.

While that's true, a little leeway for a customer that's been with you for 8 years wouldn't hurt. Had I been in the OP's position, I'd leave too.

The customer probably has one host hence he is sentimental about it. But the host probably has thousands of customers. You can't expect the same level of sentimentality. With too many customers it is impossible to deal with such issues on such a personal level. I believe the customers expectations are wrong.

Of course it would be better if they waited for a few days but if they don't, there is no reason to complain about this on forums. Because still, it is the customers responsibility.

I just requested a 2 days extension to their sales for my extension to pay becausewe are in a family vacation abroad.

TWO DAYS is all i need for me to replenish my cc.
vacationing abroad will make your cc out of funds.
Idiots.
Glad you worked it out.
Better have been 3 months free.
:)

The customer probably has one host hence he is sentimental about it. But the host probably has thousands of customers. You can't expect the same level of sentimentality. With too many customers it is impossible to deal with such issues on such a personal level. I believe the customers expectations are wrong.

Of course it would be better if they waited for a few days but if they don't, there is no reason to complain about this on forums. Because still, it is the customers responsibility.

You've clearly never run a business. You just can't treat people like that, especially long-term repeat clients. Yes it's the customer's responsibility. Yes the invoice should have been paid on time. But you have to make exceptions. We're not talking weeks or months here. This is TWO DAYS.

Top Bottom