503 Error

stilly

So here a strange one, I was getting a 503 error everytime I tried to login to the forum. Site would load, but as soon as I clicked login would get a 503 (Board was closed to guests to view)

Talked to the host, no help, lol,

So anyways, I was at 1.1.2. I could see the problem in error logs being admin.php getting the 503

re uploaded admin.php, no change, same thing 503 error. I figured would try to upgrade to 1.1.3

Uploaded files, cant run the upgrade script, cant run from /install, just a blank white page.

Go to install/index.php?upgrade and I get upgrade system log in fields, ok , good, enter info, click login, get a 503 error, again at admin.php?login/login

Cant load the board now at all, goes straight to 503 error, ????

Any thoughts? This came out of the blue, thankfully only live test site, but still, need to figure out what is causing this.....

Well XenForo itself has a couple of 503 errors that it can return on public pages, but not on admin pages. The legitimate 503 errors that XenForo can return are when the version doesn't match (in the middle of an upgrade) or the forum is turned off and you are not logged in as admin.

Is the error generated by XenForo? Meaning is the error page styled like a XenForo page? Or does it appear more generic and not XenForo-related.

This is all the admin.php should contain? Correct?

<?php

$startTime = microtime(true);
$fileDir = dirname(__FILE__);

require($fileDir . '/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php');
XenForo_Autoloader::getInstance()->setupAutoloader($fileDir . '/library');

XenForo_Application::initialize($fileDir . '/library', $fileDir);
XenForo_Application::set('page_start_time', $startTime);

$fc = new XenForo_FrontController(new XenForo_Dependencies_Admin());
$fc->run();

Top Bottom