1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 500 Internal Server Error

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Matthew Hawley, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Matthew Hawley

Matthew Hawley Well-Known Member

I'm getting a lot of 500 internal servers. Mostly its after I edit a template.

2. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

On the front end of the forums - or in the Admin Control Panel?

And if you switch to using the default style do you still get the errors?

3. Matthew Hawley

Front end. Sometimes it has a 500 internal server error when changing styles.

4. CyclingTribe

Okay, but can you switch to the default style and if so do the 500 errors go away?

Also have you checked your web server error logs to see if there is something more specific about why the 500 error is occurring?

5. Matthew Hawley

I checked the error logs and nothing came up. And switching to the default style doesnt fix the problem.

6. CyclingTribe

Okay, the template you edited - was it related to an add-on you have installed? or was it one of the standard templates? Do you remember which one, and do you still have access to the ACP so you can 'revert' it?

7. Matthew Hawley

Well its been happening for a while. Mostly any template i edit.

8. CyclingTribe

9. Matthew Hawley

Its not just when installing addons.

letspwn.com can u check it out

10. CyclingTribe

I've just navigated to most available pages (as a guest) and changed from the XenBlue to the default style and no errors at all.

However, it's going to be difficult for anyone to diagnose a 500 error as a guest or logged-in user, sorry.

Try disabling ALL add-ons via the ACP and then report back if you're still getting the errors?