Other [$50/mo] Seeking Tech Admin

taylor_smith

Technology breaks. I need a tech admin to provide consistent support to our various Internet holdings and properties. XenForo is our primary forum solution, so intimate experience with this software is required. Experience with MyBB is also desired, but not required.

Responsibilities include responding to support requests, fixing server errors, repairing corrupted databases, resolving conflicting forum plugins, upgrading styles and plugins, and generally optimizing performance.

Please apply on our website: http://valourcorp.com/about/join/.

Applicants will be required to complete legal documents with their real names. U.S.-based applicants will also complete tax forms to ensure that they are paid legally as independent contractors. Payment begins immediately upon hiring, but hiring presumes a 2-month probationary period, after which a performance review will determine continued employment.

No. We have a volunteer staff who can repair most issues. When we cannot, we need some help that we can count on.

It's what we can afford. It's up to individual folks to decide if it's worth a few hours a month. It's apparently not worth it to you, but perhaps it will be to others. :)

I might be missing something, but for 50 bucks you want someone to make themselves available for what sounds like numerous hours per month? Is there perhaps a 0 missing?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about a zero missing. Most admins receive at least that for one hour of services fee. Good luck with your search!

It's what we can afford. It's up to individual folks to decide if it's worth a few hours a month. It's apparently not worth it to you, but perhaps it will be to others. :)

The only people that this will be worth their while are people from the third world countries where earning 50 bucks per month is quite a lot of money. Anyway, good luck with your search!

More than I make as the director of the community. :)

This would be our first paid staff member. I'm willing to negotiate, but everyone else is a volunteer. May I ask as a personal favor that we let the offer alone for folks who might be interested, rather than cast a disparaging light? That doesn't truthfully help any of us. <3

Technology breaks. I need a tech admin to provide consistent support to our various Internet holdings and properties. XenForo is our primary forum solution, so intimate experience with this software is required. Experience with MyBB is also desired, but not required.

Responsibilities include responding to support requests, fixing server errors, repairing corrupted databases, resolving conflicting forum plugins, upgrading styles and plugins, and generally optimizing performance.

Please apply on our website: http://valourcorp.com/about/join/.

Applicants will be required to complete legal documents with their real names. U.S.-based applicants will also complete tax forms to ensure that they are paid legally as independent contractors. Payment begins immediately upon hiring, but hiring presumes a 2-month probationary period, after which a performance review will determine continued employment.

I actually take on small side jobs like this. One alone isn't exactly something to talk about, but when you get a few dozen more, they add up (quickly).

Sure, I'm interested. Although my general location at the moment would make your tax forms more or less useless. And I'm not going to be submitting identification.... I'll take the job for the agreed amount (if you're interested).

If this isn't OK & you want it all documented via your government... Good luck to you

Top Bottom