47r-squad.com - Gaming Discussion Forum

IcEWoLF

http://www.47r-squad.com
We just finished converting from vBulletin to XenForo this week and so far everything went smooth.
Also made a custom style for it, since we wanted to totally forget about the vBulletin days. :)

Here are some attachment images for the people that are not registered.

Thanks @napy8gen for helping us develop this awesome design. (http://www.sultantheme.com/)

Attachments

• dropdownbox.webp
    dropdownbox.webp
    99.5 KB · Views: 32
  • front end.webp
    front end.webp
    120.4 KB · Views: 30
  • replybox.webp
    replybox.webp
    70.4 KB · Views: 27
  • usercp.webp
    usercp.webp
    80.9 KB · Views: 27
looks great dude!
Great to see you on XenForo IcEWoLF, much, much, MUCH better than the vB setup you had, IMO.

Keep it up!

Thanks guys, it's way faster than before, it feels so smooth too. :)
It came down to XenForo and IPB, but I felt XenForo was much more fun to work with, reason why we went with XF.
I've never been this excited about using a forum software since vB 3.x days.

We have more improvements to make, but we like what we see so far.

Dude you've done that much and your still excited? That site looks like it took a lot of work.

We always like to keep the development going because we feel XenForo gives us so much to do and never get bored. :)

By the way, love the fact you run mostly NFO servers if not all? :) Those guys definitely do it right.

We have been using NFo since 2005 and been happy so far. :)

Finally, you made the switch! Welcome to xenForo! :)

Nice design. It came out looking spiffy - I'd seen your teaser images, but then seeing it live, it looks friggin nice!

You may want to turn on Google+ sharing. And you may want to make a thread about sharing threads to social media. Get the word out.

Designs like that, and the old one on vB4 seems expensive.

I see you posted your site to showcase at my site so will say the same here. Liking the style and everything looks nicely integrated. You've done an exceptional job on the style and liking this one alot.

I've seen your forums before on vBulletin, the theme looks nice but I also really liked your previous MMO styled one a lot, why not port that as well?

Everything is looks slick, terrific work.

I've seen your forums before on vBulletin, the theme looks nice but I also really liked your previous MMO styled one a lot, why not port that as well?
Actually, two things: The skin is a little heavy on the pageload. It's bad enough vB4 was a resource hog, but when you're loading that much skinwork... Not even FireFox can speed it up. It's that heavy. I remember that some of the navigation buttons have double layered CSS/HTML work in there...

Secondly, the website seems to target first person shooters, too... So, I think what they have now fits in the theme a little better. More of a question mark gaming site, and not specifically MMOs/RPGs.

I see you posted your site to showcase at my site so will say the same here. Liking the style and everything looks nicely integrated. You've done an exceptional job on the style and liking this one alot.
Thank you :) time to add me some Shelley smilies on my website!
Your resources are very helpful and I appreciate all the stuff you post on the resource area! Some of those went on my XenForo install. :)

Everything is looks slick, terrific work.

Carlos answered that question, the game we play nowadays are mainly FPS, so a medieval template no longer suits us. We did that red template when we had a Guild Wars 2 and a Diablo 3 division. We no longer have those divisions.

Finally, you made the switch! Welcome to xenForo! :)

Nice design. It came out looking spiffy - I'd seen your teaser images, but then seeing it live, it looks friggin nice!

You may want to turn on Google+ sharing. And you may want to make a thread about sharing threads to social media. Get the word out.

Designs like that, and the old one on vB4 seems expensive.

XenForo is cheap, especially since I bought it from someone @extralicense for like $80...+ a year of updates and the extension that KAM gave us us...
Can't beat that deal!

Once the project is done, I will start installing Resource Manager on my website (yes I took advantage of the sale).

Thank you :) time to add me some Shelley smilies on my website!
Your resources are very helpful and I appreciate all the stuff you post on the resource area! Some of those went on my XenForo install. :)

Carlos answered that question, the game we play nowadays are mainly FPS, so a medieval template no longer suits us. We did that red template when we had a Guild Wars 2 and a Diablo 3 division. We no longer have those divisions.

Glad you found them useful. I commented more on your style at my site and good to see the early stages of this too. Exceptional job. (y)

Glad you found them useful. I commented more on your style at my site and good to see the early stages of this too. Exceptional job. (y)

Thanks Shelley, we may consider making the style in multiple colors this summer.
After this year, we may also consider making the style public for everyone to use in the resource area.

On another note, we customized the steam status box, now it looks light years better. :)
We also decreased the border size for the search box, it looks better now.

Before & After.

Attachments

• steam.webp
    steam.webp
    88.2 KB · Views: 17
  • steambox.webp
    steambox.webp
    64.5 KB · Views: 15
  • searchbox.webp
    searchbox.webp
    98.7 KB · Views: 14
  • searchafter.webp
    searchafter.webp
    118.1 KB · Views: 13
Thanks Shelley, we may consider making the style in multiple colors this summer.
After this year, we may also consider making the style public for everyone to use in the resource area.

On another note, we customized the steam status box, now it looks light years better. :)
We also decreased the border size for the search box, it looks better now.

Before & After.

That would be very generous of you making this public to people and I'm sure they would be very appreciative if you did.

If you do I insist Green first other colours after that. :P Kidding of course but remember green first. :P

That would be very generous of you making this public to people and I'm sure they would be very appreciative if you did.

If you do I insist Green first other colours after that. :p Kidding of course but remember green first. :p

Our first ever custom template was green/grey/black. I have that template somewhere in my hard drive.

I may consider porting the old red vBulletin template (http://legacy.47r-squad.com/) to XenForo and make it public as well here at XenForo, but I bet people would be hating the flash header. :(
I think that template would look super awesome on XenForo, it will need some tweaks to be optimized for XenForo, but I think it can be done.

Edit here is our first custom template we use to use before:

Attachments

• oldtheme1.webp
    oldtheme1.webp
    56.6 KB · Views: 11
  • oldtheme2.webp
    oldtheme2.webp
    33.7 KB · Views: 10
Top Bottom