Both servers are running nginx, php-fpm, and mysql.
- compared php and nginx server settings, and all looks OK
- followed http://xenforo.com/help/friendly-urls/ for nginx
- ensured chmod 777 on /data and /internal_data
- user:group is teh same on both servers
- database connectivity is working fine, tested by using mysql command line and querying XF tables with same login credentials as inside config.php
- added an index.html to my root XF dir/path to ensure this was loaded, and then removed to only have XF's index.php
- turned on XF debug mode in config.php
- disabled all caching in config.php
Have also checked nginx error.log and nothing is recorded. Nothing in php.log either. nginx access.log shows the request coming through to the server
Not sure where to go from here ... does XF have it's own debug logs?