XF 1.5 403 error when I try to install Xenforo

Ancoreig

Hello there,

I have installed MyBB on my my root's site (my website: h1z1.es), and I want move to Xenforo. If I understand correctly (for the importing and that), I need both sites to be running to do the import. I created a subdirectory at h1z1.es/comunidad and I am trying to install Xenforo there, but when I try install it (h1z1.es/comunidad/install) I get a 403 forbidden error. I followed the official guide and set 0777 permission to both data and internal_data directories, but still I get the error.

I have to say that I want to install Xenforo on my root, the subdirectory (/comunidad) is just temporary while I do the importing, so I don't know what is better, if move first MyBB to a subdirectory and install Xenforo in the root's site, or install Xenforo in a subdirectory (what I am doing right now), move or delete then MyBB when the importing is completed and move Xenforo where MyBB was.

I think that the 403 error could be produced by MyBB's Google Seo plugin (I don't know if this plugin affects to my /comunidad subdirectory), which it could be in conflict with the xenforo's .htaccess

Here is my .htaccess (MyBB's .htaccess I mean):
Code:
Options -MultiViews +FollowSymlinks -Indexes

#
# If mod_security is enabled, attempt to disable it.
# - Note, this will work on the majority of hosts but on
#   MediaTemple, it is known to cause random Internal Server
#   errors. For MediaTemple, please remove the block below
#
<IfModule mod_security.c>
    # Turn off mod_security filtering.
    SecFilterEngine Off

# The below probably isn't needed, but better safe than sorry.
    SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

#
# MyBB "search engine friendly" URL rewrites
# - Note, for these to work with MyBB please make sure you have
#   the setting enabled in the Admin CP and you have this file
#   named .htaccess
#
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine on

# Some servers require redirection enabled Rules Redirection to function properly *Revisar RewriteRules*
RewriteBase /

# Google SEO will work above search.php archive searches:
# Make this the first rule in your file .htaccess!
RewriteRule ^([^&]*)&(.*)$ http://h1z1.es/$1?$2 [L,QSA,R=301]

# Google SEO 404:
ErrorDocument 404 /misc.php?google_seo_error=404

# Sitemap Google SEO:
RewriteRule ^sitemap\-([^./]+)\.xml$ misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# URL forums for Google SEO:
RewriteRule ^Foro\-([^./]+)$ forumdisplay.php?google_seo_forum=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# URL threads for Google SEO:
RewriteRule ^Tema\-([^./]+)$ showthread.php?google_seo_thread=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL announcements:
RewriteRule ^Anuncio\-([^./]+)$ announcements.php?google_seo_announcement=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

#  URL users for Google SEO:
RewriteRule ^Usuario\-([^./]+)$ member.php?action=profile&google_seo_user=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL calendar:
RewriteRule ^Calendario\-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?google_seo_calendar=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

#  URL events  Google SEO:
RewriteRule ^Evento\-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?action=event&google_seo_event=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]+)\.html$ forumdisplay.php?fid=$1 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+)\.html$ forumdisplay.php?fid=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-lastpost\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=lastpost [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-nextnewest\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextnewest [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-nextoldest\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextoldest [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-newpost\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=newpost [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-post-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&pid=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^post-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?pid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^announcement-([0-9]+)\.html$ announcements.php?aid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^user-([0-9]+)\.html$ member.php?action=profile&uid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?calendar=$1 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=yearview&calendar=$1&year=$2 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)-month-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?calendar=$1&year=$2&month=$3 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)-month-([0-9]+)-day-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=dayview&calendar=$1&year=$2&month=$3&day=$4 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-week-(n?[0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=weekview&calendar=$1&week=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^event-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=event&eid=$1 [L,QSA]

<IfModule mod_env.c>
        SetEnv SEO_SUPPORT 1
    </IfModule>
</IfModule>

#
# If Apache is compiled with built in mod_deflade/GZIP support
# then GZIP Javascript, CSS, HTML and XML so they're sent to
# the client faster.
#
<IfModule mod_deflate.c>
    AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/javascript text/css text/html text/xml
</IfModule>

DirectoryIndex portal.php

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine on
Options +FollowSymlinks
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.h1z1.es [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://h1z1.es/$1 [R=301,L]

Thanks in advance and sorry for bad english!

I would install XF in a temporary directory, do the import, then archive the MyBB installation and move XF to the root.

Note that XF must be installed in an empty directory.

This thread may help with regards to doing the import: Importing guidelines

Hello Brogan, one of the spanish XF support community member has helped me with the problem. I only needed to add index.php at the end of the domain because the .htaccess requires to do that. Thanks for your help!

I have completed the importing and now it's time to move XF to the root. There are no redirections script for MyBB so I guess I have to write the rules on the .htaccess do I? In this case, Can somebody help me writing these rules please?

One more thing: I want to enable the friendly url on XF; Do i have to enable it before moving XF to the root or after moving it?

Top Bottom