24: Live another day

I wonder what would happen if televisions disappeared one day. Everyone wakes up and *poof!*, they find there's no more televisions.

**shrug** Haven't owned one in nearly 10 years. And from what I've seen in bits and pieces from other folks' homes, I'm not missing much. :D

Seriously? I loved the show but I felt it needed to end since c'mon, how many times can Jack actually save the world... I think it hit its peak in 3-5 then diminished. 1-2 were slow but still really good.

The saving grace of the last few seasons were that they took it out of CTU: LA, but still, they had to force him out of retirement to save the world... It was and still is, one of my favorite TV shows, but it needed to end.

Jack Bauer or no Jack Bauer.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
"You can't handle the truth"

We missed you Jack. (y)

Never watched the show but I could never understand why they cancelled the show in the first place since I always read good reviews from their fanbase and others regarding this show.

Never watched the show but I could never understand why they cancelled the show in the first place since I always read good reviews from their fanbase and others regarding this show.
The original 24 storyline ended "as intended" by the Producer. Most producers of [legendary] shows or games like this go like "this will be the last season." Much because they feel they want to take on a new project.

Touch was a good show, but it's not really a popular show. It's not really exciting, it goes into taboo topics. Such as "brain dead" (even though important topic), and non-verbal communication (also important).

The original 24 storyline ended "as intended" by the Producer. Most producers of [legendary] shows or games like this go like "this will be the last season." Much because they feel they want to take on a new project.

Touch was a good show, but it's not really a popular show. It's not really exciting, it goes into taboo topics. Such as "brain dead" (even though important topic), and non-verbal communication (also important).

So what your really saying is that it never had any Lens flare cameo appearances? :LOL:

Yeah, I'm aware of cases where people involved in the show want to try something new and expand upon other roles/projects but it still begs the question why cancel? surely the producer (in this case) couldn't have had any big plans if the show is being revived. Touch I'm not really interested in I see this as Kiefer Sutherland jumping into the first role he could chew on. Eitherway it's back and I'm sure the fanbase are very pleased.

So what your really saying is that it never had any Lens flare cameo appearances? :LOL:

Yeah, I'm aware of cases where people involved in the show want to try something new and expand upon other roles/projects but it still begs the question why cancel? surely the producer (in this case) couldn't have had any big plans if the show is being revived. Touch I'm not really interested in I see this as Kiefer Sutherland jumping into the first role he could chew on. Eitherway it's back and I'm sure the fanbase are very pleased.
24, while popular, is facing competition from other "#1" shows. Burn Notice, Suits, Covert Affairs, CSI, Jersey Shores, and so on and on. There seems to be no shortage of popular shows right now. Every network is vying for attention at the moment.

I think that FOX feels that they've missed the boat on peaking 24 to the next level. Let me put it this way, Dexter is well on it's way out according to the producers, DESPITE the fact that the show is popular. People have mix reactions to Dexter mainly because of the script that it's following. Last season for example, Debra has gotten a lot of flack for her fantasy to Dexter. A sister loves a brother like boyfriend and girlfriend relationship.

24, while popular, is facing competition from other "#1" shows. Burn Notice, Suits, Covert Affairs, CSI, Jersey Shores, and so on and on. There seems to be no shortage of popular shows right now. Every network is vying for attention at the moment.

I think that FOX feels that they've missed the boat on peaking 24 to the next level. Let me put it this way, Dexter is well on it's way out according to the producers, DESPITE the fact that the show is popular. People have mix reactions to Dexter mainly because of the script that it's following. Last season for example, Debra has gotten a lot of flack for her fantasy to Dexter. A sister loves a brother like boyfriend and girlfriend relationship.

I watch Burn Notice but haven't seen an episode of it for a while since no new shows have aired here. I thought they cancelled that one. I'm waiting for Homeland to return (not even sure whether they cancelled that one).

Top Bottom