2012 Macbook Pro vs. 2013 Macbook Air

Kind of related to this;

I'm looking to start making apps for iOS which requires a mac. I'm kind of leaning towards a mac mini, does anyone use this? Is it worth it? Or should I spend the extra money and get a all-in-one mac?
I use a Mini, but I don't really do any programming on it. The biggest downfall is the built in Intel video card (think it's the 3000). Mine is a 2.3GHz I7 with 16GB RAM and a 1TB SATA drive. For what I do it's fine, and probably for programming would work also. If there are detailed high res graphics involved then it won't be for you.

Hey @Daniel Hood, as an aside - this has been, by far, the most reliable piece of computer hardware I've ever owned. It's a 2012 model, on 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and I haven't had a hiccup with it.
I got it when it was first released.
Actually, I had the model before it and they came out with the new one with my 30 day return window at Best Buy - so guess what got returned for a newer version. :ROFLMAO:

My Macbook Pro 17" (late 2008) is also on 24 hours a day, 7 days a week since december 2008 it's still running fine.
I replaced 2 fans a few years ago and installed a SSD. And I'm on the 3th. battery. I still do most of my work with it. But the load is getting high sometimes :P
As long as it doesn't explode it's ok. Still running the last OSX. :D (y)
For on the road I have my Macbook Air 11" mid 2012 (y)

Thanks @Tracy Perry

I don't do design really so the high quality images aren't a deal breaker for me. I expect it to be at least decent though. Nice resolution without any pixelation. My biggest thing is running xcode. That's pretty much my only reason for getting it.

OK latest one that I am looking at. Seems to be a decent price from what I see others sell for.

Macbook Pro Retina 13" Late 2013
512 GB Hard Drive
16GB Ram
2.6 Core i5 Processor
Retina Display

$900US

Comparisons between early and late 2013 seem to favor the late. Debating if the 13" screen is too small and if I should what for a 15" to come around.

I dropped my 2012 Macbook Pro on the floor and the corner bent in a way that the bottom panel does not close flush. Because of that when I turn it on it doesn't stay on. I should've bought a plastic case for this macbook a long time ago.

Top Bottom