XF 2.2 2.2.4 to 2.2.7 upgrade auto by upgrader and forum crashes...WT??

mAthosalas

Hi to all.When trying to do the "XenForo 2.2.7 Patch 1 is now available" as the upgrader says,well hmmm...my forum crashes.I have version 2.2.4 now and 2 times I've tried to upgrade bang!crash only and I just restored my forum page from CP picking up earlier backup.Am I doing something not right?A bit help please...thanks

Question.The problem I have is when I am trying to update from 2.2.4 to 2.2.7 Patch 1...Now I see it is available an update to 2.2.8 via CP....Is there any possibilities that the problem I have is because of the "patch 1" and not the updating at all?...
I mean,should I had installed allready 2.2.7 version and then proceed to 2.2.7 Patch 1 and because I had the 2.2.4 installed and not the 2.2.7,that is perhaps why I have problems with the updating?

Do you have caching turned on?

I use Wincache and it will crash the site on every update unless I disable it first, then re-enable it after the upgrade is finished.

It would be nice if Xenforo would do that automatically, or at least clear the cache in its final step

As an update incase others encounter this error.

As per Pauls post:

Do you see anything at /admin.php ?

If not, check that this file exists on the server: src/addons/XF/_data/templates.xml .

The templates.xml file was being removed shortly after being uploaded, so likely a host issue or some anti-virus not liking the contents of the xml file (maybe as its an xml file but has JS inside it).

As an update incase others encounter this error.

As per Pauls post:

The templates.xml file was being removed shortly after being uploaded, so likely a host issue or some anti-virus not liking the contents of the xml file (maybe as its an xml file but has JS inside it).

It was very useful thank you. In my situation I was using FileZilla to upload and it reported no failures. However I'm on OSX and the filing system housekeeping for some reason decided to upload the templates.xml file into my iCloud account so although it appeared to upload normally it was actually transferring the iCloud link to the file rather than the file itself. When I checked the server _data area the file was listed as ".templates.xml.iCloud". So after I had uploaded the real file rather than the link then it all started working correctly.

Top Bottom