• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

1st xenForo Style peek!

ToDie4

First of I would like to thank the guys who have helped me with the category problem that had me confounded, Brogan and Nasr ,you guys were just brilliant, thank you. :)

Okay then, so the progress is slow and difficult, another steep learning curve I've thrown myself coming to xenForo, but one I am gladly climbing.

This is the main forum index page of my Robotic Style, it is looking a lot different from the vbulletin and CH216 versions but I think it's working okay. There is tons of stuff still to be worked on but I was so excited with the break-through yesterday I wanted to share my progress thus far with you all.

Yes this is going to be available for download from my own site when it's done, and yes, it will be available as a free download.

Robotic_xenForo-progress.webp

I like it although the bottom bar (L/R corners) look like a mistake.
Added: i think it would look better with blue below the bottom section.

Good job, but not my style. Looks old fashioned, like a vBulletin 3.0 style

Sorry, personal prefence. But you've done a great job on the creation of it, that's a huge thumbs up

I like it although the bottom bar (L/R corners) look like a mistake.
Added: i think it would look better with blue below the bottom section.
Do you mean the bar saying Contact Us HomeTop ?
Getting the graphic container around the main areas was a serious nightmare, believe it or not the header call in the page container is below the forumbits, didn't see that sort of thing coming, I am still trying to figure out how to tidy it all up some more but it's really not easy. I am probably the Worlds worst coder, totally self-taught, which sucks because i can only blame myself for how rubbish I am. ;)

It looks really good, well done :)
That is real kind of you,t hank you.

Good job, but not my style. Looks old fashioned, like a vBulletin 3.0 style

Sorry, personal prefence. But you've done a great job on the creation of it, that's a huge thumbs up
Why do you apologise, I have posted for advice and critisism, your opinion and view is precisely what I am looking for. :)
I really wanted to go forward with xenforo by making ultra modern Styles, the trouble is, folks have been making Styles for so very long now, it is very difficult to make something no one has ever seen before. I would value greatly any advice or guidelines you could send my way.
Thank you for the kindness, the thumbs up lightened my heart some. :)

Do you mean the bar saying Contact Us HomeTop ?
No.
The very bottom. You have a blue corner on each end.
The top corners are smooth and the bottom are straight. Not a big deal.
But I wonder if it would look better if there was some more blue on the bottom.
Even 5 px worth. To my untrained eye everything flows nicely until the very bottom.
I do find Contact Us Home Top difficult to read, but it might just be the scaling of the image.

Overall, killer style.
Just think how long that would have taken with another software package.

No.
The very bottom. You have a blue corner on each end.
The top corners are smooth and the bottom are straight. Not a big deal.
But I wonder if it would look better if there was some more blue on the bottom.
Even 5 px worth. To my untrained eye everything flows nicely until the very bottom.

I have added 10px and granted the blue an aspect of 'holding' the frame. ;)
Robotic_xenForo-progress.webp

I have released this for trial purposes only on my own site, if anyone here is willing to help me soak test it on their site please pop along and grab a copy.

Sorry, you'll need to sign-up for this style just for now, I don't want a potentially iffy Style flying about the internet.

When it's proven reliable and stable I will make it an Open style and release it here also.

http://www.acockimplex.com/aichurch/index.php?threads/robotic.18/#post-56

Thank you in advance for your help. :)

Top Bottom