Fixed Xenforo Import: quotes not rewritten in specific cases

sajal

I've used the XFI tool to migrate data from one XF2.1 site to another XF2.1 site.

Everything went OK, nodes, threads and posts are migrated to destination site. But, I'm facing a strange problem. In post message, if there's a QUOTE to another post, it's till pointing to the Source POST ID, while it's supposed to be replaced with destination POST ID, as the POST ids are changed during the migration.

For ex:

...QUOTE="vierailija, post: 101"...
Test thread without poll.
.../QUOTE...

The 101 is the Source site's post ID, and it should be replaced with corresponding new POST ID on destination site. For example, if 101 in the source site is 1001 in destination site, the above QOUTE should be like:

...QUOTE="vierailija, post: 1001"...
Test thread without poll.
.../QUOTE...

But, the post IDs were not replaced... any clues?

Many thanks!

I'm going to move this to importer bugs, though it really should be an edge case/uncommon situation wore than anything.

We have code that rewrites the IDs in these quotes, but assuming your example format was a specific example, it wouldn't match. Our regex requires the additional member: 123 part of the quote to be there (rather than just the name and post ID).

I believe this has been present since at least XenForo 1.1, so it would likely only apply to a post from XF 1.0 (or perhaps a post that was itself an import). Any other post made on XenForo would have the correct member attribution.

Thank you for reporting this issue, it has now been resolved. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future XF release (2.2.2).

Change log:
When importing from another XF installation, properly rewrite quotes which are missing a member ID
There may be a delay before changes are rolled out to the XenForo Community.

Top Bottom