Fixed Thread prompts flow off screen in mobile with no way to read them and prefixes just make it worse

beerForo

Affected version
Is there any way you guys can address this? My thread prompts flow off the screen on mobile, and if you have the prefix selector or default prefix (medium/long), it pushes them even further. This is impacting post quality.

For example if you are telling people to please not post any links, and you use prefixes, the prompt they may see is "Please post your" instead of "Please post your introduction without any promotion."

If you switch to landscape to try to read you may see a word or two more so they see to post the introduction only. Just an example.

Is there any solution? Not sure what it could be but it is an issue. Thanks

🎃🦃

Last edited:
Are yours wrapping or something? I believe "out of focus" may be the proper term. My screen is only so big and the phrase goes off the page with no way to see it.

Same in default yes.

The behavior here is actually different between quick thread and the full thread page because one is a (faux) text area and the other is a simple text input. The textarea approach is actually specifically to allow the title to wrap. It's a fairly trivial change to allow the wrapping on the full post thread page, though I believe the quick thread behavior is actually the outlier here. The may also be some caveats because of the alternative font size used on the full page.

I would say that thread prompts aren't exactly designed for how you're trying to use them. (I'm also aware that you're using them for this purpose in lieu of other tools.)

Leaving open as I'm not sure what action we'll take.

I would say that thread prompts aren't exactly designed for how you're trying to use them. (I'm also aware that you're using them for this purpose in lieu of other tools.)
Well to prompt is to bring about an action or encourage which is how I use them (I have one encouraging the Question tab which runs off). Intent aside, this can happen with a short sentence that would fit within your scope of the definition as well, especially with prefixes. Thanks again for taking a look.

Last edited:
Thank you for reporting this issue, it has now been resolved. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future XF release (2.2.7).

Change log:
Improve legibility of thread prompt placeholder on the title input while using a narrow display when creating a new thread.
There may be a delay before changes are rolled out to the XenForo Community.

Top Bottom