Fixed Moderator list times out with large number of moderators

Jake B.

Affected version
It seems that admin.php?moderators times out if there are a large number of moderators. Currently in the xf_moderator_content table there are about 5,800 records containing 58 unique user_ids that are associated with anywhere from 1 - 300 nodes, about half of these users are moderating over 150 forums.

From what I can tell, the issue is occurring while attempting to generate the page output rather than while loading / preparing the data. I'd assume not much can be done about this short of paginating this in some way

Wanted to bump this thread, we are having this issue. Unable to manage our moderators on the forum. Page does not load at all.

Thank you for reporting this issue, it has now been resolved. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future XF release (2.1.10).

Change log:
Make improvements to the moderator list especially when there are large numbers of moderator records.
There may be a delay before changes are rolled out to the XenForo Community.

Just wanted to clarify in detail the changes we've made.

For each content moderator we will only list a maximum of 10 of the items of content that they moderate. The list looks like this (though when I recorded this I reduced the limit to 5 temporarily for testing purposes).

View attachment Screen Recording 2020-05-26 at 16.28.03.mov

Once the limit of 10 is reached, we display a "...and x more" link which when clicked loads the rest of the entries for that user.

We've also added a new "Filter" above the content moderators list so you can load the full list for a specific user.

@ddrager we believe this should considerably decrease the amount of work required to display the list and solve the problem. This isn't exactly a common problem as we don't usually expect that many nodes but, nonetheless, I hope this helps.

Top Bottom