Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Didn't have an opinion and now have a bad one

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad and never changed

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters

EQnoble

An interesting concept

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Immediately sign me up for an educational opportunity...do that and I'll link up with facebook :)(I may anyway now ;-) )
ahhh...dreams.....yup those still feel good

Think ill check out the movie that was mentioned as well to see how they manipulate another wealthy persons life story outta spite or bandwagon banking. It's always good for a laugh though usually movies like that usually end up offending someone, and not saying anything against this movie but most movies like this usually are just taking shots at people.

ahh well it led me to this article which made me realize he has donated one of the largest sums of money ever...right up there with rockefeller

For this, what ever I personally think of Facebook is regardless to this level of generosity tax write off or not... I may just think a bit differently of this man now. But I will never know him and therefor could never really size him up. So a standing ovation and a welcome big guy to the world of philanthropy, it is refreshing to see wealthy people who can use the paper they have piled up to write out a new lease on life for many people who have yet to be fortunate enough to reach any level of enlightenment.

Thanks for putting substance behind the practice you preach.
You have exemplified social networking and now you promoting good communication with solid cognition in the form of monies for a scholastic Facelift.

Hats off.

Well he was coerced by Bill Gates to donate into this arena ... maybe this could shed some light on the other side of him that can give balance to a view of what might be indirectly slanderous to his nature. I don't know I'm just speculating as one of the little people :-)

That's good. I still don't give a crap about him, lol. And what is all this facebook hating/loving? It's just a platform to communicate with old friends who are hard to find. You either use it or you don't, they don't make you. And what's with all the privacy whining, what are they going to do? Promote their service with your drunken facebook pics? Lets grow up shall we? :D

By the way, this is great for the kids. :)

Have any of you been to Newark? I have... hopefully $25 million will go into security... it's an area that really needs it, regardless of the motivation. The Mayor is also a pretty good guy, compared to their last Mayor who is in jail.

The problem is, his PR mentions to him he is starting to look like Bill Gates, losing his cool status and nobody trusts them. How to fix it when you're worth 50 billion ? .. just throw away 100m to charity and you will earn a % of people their trust again.

Nonsense like this is just PR. I am just glad the nonsense goes to charity, so at least someone benefits from it.

The problem is, his PR mentions to him he is starting to look like Bill Gates, losing his cool status and nobody trusts them. How to fix it when you're worth 50 billion ? .. just throw away 100m to charity and you will earn a % of people their trust again.

Nonsense like this is just PR. I am just glad the nonsense goes to charity, so at least someone benefits from it.
Doesn't change some of the shady things about privacy issues though :p.

Google just had a 10 Million Dollar donation to various organizations. I'm sure that will do more good towards to world than the 100 million dollars Mark donated to some school system where only a specific amount of people will benefit.

2 Million Dollars to Khanacademy.org - that guy and his videos help more people around the world than the 100 million dollars to Newark Schools could.

The good thing is that at least a portion of that 100 million will go to some people in need of education. I don't care whether it was done as a PR move or not, as Floris stated.

I'm neutral about the guy and I'm still a Facebook fan. Not a huge fan, but it's good for me.

I guess the movie about him will gross much more for himself than just 100 million.....great marketing stunt, that´s all.

I thought this part was interesting. At first I thought possibly that he had gone to school there.

He said he chose Newark - a city to which he has no significant ties - because he believed in the leadership of Mayor Cory Brooker - whom he met at a conference in July - and Governor Chris Christie.

"I've had a lot of opportunities in my life, and a lot of that comes from, you know, having gone to really good schools," Zuckerberg said.

And ask anyone who's been to Jersey needs new schools and programs. It's not a rumor.
Have any of you been to Newark? I have... hopefully $25 million will go into security... it's an area that really needs it, regardless of the motivation. The Mayor is also a pretty good guy, compared to their last Mayor who is in jail.
Ohh it was way more than just a mayor that went to jail ...they rounded up 40 officials I believe about a year or two ago.
I thought this part was interesting. At first I thought possibly that he had gone to school there.
He said he chose Newark - a city to which he has no significant ties - because he believed in the leadership of Mayor Cory Brooker - whom he met at a conference in July - and Governor Chris Christie.

"I've had a lot of opportunities in my life, and a lot of that comes from, you know, having gone to really good schools," Zuckerberg said.
It's a major educational leapfrog from the educational levels in most jersey schools to the comprehension level of lets say Princeton, being that all citizens are legit to move around the country...even if your selfish ...educating other people betters you especially in ways that are not easily correlate. It's a progressional thing.

I don't really care for him, as he doesn't believe there is such a thing as privacy.

If everybody believes there is no such thing as privacy, then they're right. However if people actively keep it in mind, it wouldn't be an issue.
It's a bit annoying, as I joined back when Facebook was mainly a select number of universities letting people connect, into letting anyone having an account, companies and other marketing tactics being used... it's a bit tiresome.

Whatever flaws he has, $100 million dollars is way more than most other billionaires give to charity so fair play to him.

Top Bottom