+1

MilesDB

I thought LIKE was the ultimate killer of +1, +2, etc. Well, I was obviously wrong as I see xenforumers keep using them. Anyway, what exactly do the +#'s mean? iSupport? iAgree?

I always looked at +1 as shorthand for agreed.

I never liked it. If you agree with a post, take the time to say why.

I agree Lawrence! not sure if +1 is equal to, or worse than the incredibly annoying quote someone and add...

"This"

>_< Both are irksome!

You must detest LIKE then, as it is the antithesis of your idea.

Not at all, it is the exact opposite, it says "+1" or "This" without actually creating a new post that people will click on the thread and then groan about.

Like is in fact the perfect antidote to those irritating "This +1" er's of the world :)

"Like" is good for showing you might agree with something someone said, but have nothing of value to add. So instead of posting a fracking +1 or I agree, you're not breaking up the discussion with useless posts. Unfortunately, as Brogan stated, old habits die hard.

Kim: Lawrence said he felt people should say why they agreed.
You cant say why you agreed with LIKE.

I agree with you though, to check a new thread and all it says is +1 feels like a waste of time ! Great Point.

I think a more sophisticated version of LIKE might have LIKE with comments.
Sometimes comments could be very useful, but not always.

I think a more sophisticated version of LIKE might have LIKE with comments.
Sometimes comments could be very useful, but not always.
Which would defeat the purpose of discussion. I wouldn't wanna have to read through LIKE comments that are hidden from the thread body but pertain to it.

Top Bottom