1.4 Social interactions

AzzidReign

1.3 currently has:
Recent Activity
Your News Feed

Most people probably don't even know "Your News Feed" even exists (I know my members don't) as it is tucked away in the user drop down which, in my experience, people only use to update their settings, sigs, avy's, and status updates.

With 1.4's new feature, "New Profile Posts", it seems things are getting quite redundant. I suggest we make things easier to use for our users and make it more enjoyable to use. I think a single page for all of this would suffice.

I'm suggesting to change Recent Activity to "News Feed" (basically combining the above 3 pages). On this single page, have filters. By default, it will show everyone's activity like the current "Recent Activity". The filter check boxes can be:
  • People you follow
  • Just posts
  • Just Status Updates
  • Just profile comments
This would allow our users to filter everything out they don't care about and allow them to access the things they do care about, thus increasing activity across the board, IMO.

Upvote 60
And probably take it out of the user menu drop down and give a link next to New posts for better visibility and also to de-clutter the user menu.

Yes sort like what @erich37 posted.

I feel that Xenforo is really getting redundant at certain features. The What's New page must return and it can include everything, from New Posts to Profile Posts Page and Recent Activity like up there with 2 tabs: All Activity > People you Follow.

Profile posts system completely ignoring again the Following System is not okay, the way Xenforo works there is a lot of potential for it.

As the poster said it's more about group up things in a more organized way.

Yes @erich37 What's New Must Return! There are several features lost on different parts of the forum that need to be organized and grouped like that, and integrated with Followers system, i always on like certain game forums follow the Devs and i wish to that tabs to allow me to filter towards content they posted.

On this case, Followers Posts & Profile Posts tab :)

Top Bottom