XF 1.4 1.4.6 upgrade

d_ward

Running 1.4.5, just trying to upgrade. I have copied the files to the upload directory and I received the following message during Step 2: You cannot proceed unless all XenForo database tables are removed

I do not want to lose the existing forum posts, permissions, styles and other content etc, so I did not check the option to remove in the previous screen: Remove all XenForo-related data, including posts and users, from xenforo

What else should I be doing or do before a "simple" upgrade? Manually remove those files before (not sure what/where they are)?

The message indicates you are trying to do a new installation.

Did you download the upgrade .zip and upload it to the correct location?

When I browse to your install path I see 1.4.5 is the current version and I am prompted to log in to the upgrade system.

Is the initial message you receive this?

upload_2015-4-9_17-36-49.webp

If so, either the files haven't been uploaded to the correct location, or there is some form of (server) caching involved.

Screen 1 (can't update the PHP version due to other content on the server, but will be able to later this year):
Capture 1.webp

Screen 2 (selected Use these values, I created a config file before because I was promoted to enter in that info):
Capture2.webp

Screen 3:
Capture3.webp

Screen 4:
Capture4.webp

That would indicate the internal_data/install-lock.php file is no longer in place.

You can restore it if you have a backup, or just create a new file with the contents:
Code:
<?php header('Location: ../index.php'); /* Installed: Wed, 8 Jan 15 12:00:00 +0000 */

I copied the install-lock file to the upload/internal_directory and then this is what shows now:

Error
You have already completed installation. If you wish to reinstall, please delete the file internal_data/install-lock.php.

Admin panel shows 1.4.5 and there was no installing or processing, no other confirmation that it was installed/upgraded.

I did not have the URL ending in 'upgrade'. :whistle: When I updated to 1.4.5 from my initial 1.4.4 version I did a re-install essentially, but it did not matter because I was only testing at that point, so that is why I thought the install process for 1.4.6 as an upgrade was the same procedure...

I did have to Rebuild Master Database for 1.4.5 before the correct Upgrade option to 1.4.6 was available. I went back the correct URL and then the option/step was available. 1.4.6 installed and is working now. The forums were copied from another server and different host and it 'just worked' on the new server if that helps explain anything.

Thanks for the help - that is a benefit of using XenForo.

Top Bottom