1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[1.2(?)] jQuery animated poll / stats results.

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by Floris, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Floris

Floris Guest

Simply for the sexy effect, I hereby push for "xenforo smexy poll/stats animation with jQuery" as demonstrated here:

http://provide.smashingmagazine.com/graph_tut_files/ex_03.html

Yes, polls are horizontal, and yes, 1.1 will have stats with Google's support. But I still hope this could be an example of making XenForo a bit more sexy.

Tah Zonemaster, gldtn, Marcus and 3 others like this.
  2. John L.

John L. Well-Known Member

I love Smashing Magazine. I saw this yesterday but didn't think about it for XenForo. Good suggestion.

3. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Although, I do agree that the general idea is amazing and would look great, but I don't entirely feel it should be added. I can't remember the article (It may have been on Ars Technica), but the general idea was that adding unneeded animations that don't necessarily "improve" general understanding of the content can play tricks on our mind and make things seem like they go slower. To me, this would be one of those. However, if they add it into the core, I do hope there is an option.

jmurrayhead likes this.
  4. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

That looks awesome! ;)

5. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

6. robdog

robdog Well-Known Member

www.highcharts.com would be my vote.

Kier and Mike would have to pay a decent amount for the first license but each additional license is a $1 for a distributed project. :)

But it might be overkill, haha.

ankurs likes this.
  7. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

no one uses poll in my site but me :D

i noticed this in XF too!!? Maybe Xenforo should change the way polls work or look ...

JVCode likes this.