1.1 Beta 2 - Forum visible but when clicked can't see anything?

kingston

Is it possible to see that a forum exists but when a user who does not have privileges clicks on it it says they are not allowed to view anything?

Is it possible to see that a forum exists but when a user who does not have privileges clicks on it it says they are not allowed to view anything?

It is at the permissions. Under Forum Permissions, set View thread content: to Not Set (No).

Permission View thread content will allow thread titles to be viewed but nothing else.

Permission View threads by others will hide all threads except for those by the starter.

Edit: Ninja'ed :o

So non-permitted users will see the threat title and content of the first post but nothing else?

Let me explain what I am trying to do. We have a coaches area where only coaches are allowed to post and respond. The issue is that because it is hidden and we have so many users that many do not know it exists and because some of the people on the forum are anonymous I don't know who the coaches really are. To encourage them to ask about the ability to post in that area I want everyone to be able to see the forum exists but NOT have access to any of the content because it can be sensitive to athletes.

Set up a link forum which is visible to all.
That's how I've done it for a page which is only available to logged in users.

You can see it here: http://cliptheapex.com/community/

It's the Formula One Overtaking Statistics & Analysis link.

Top Bottom