📲 XenForo native mobile app for Android and iOS - Appify.mobi (XenForo 2.0 & 2.1) 🔥 [Deleted]

Tried the RealityGaming demo app on Android. My feedback:

• it's horribly slow
  • what's with the splash screen? Can that be turned off?
  • what's the the RG spinning logo that takes forever? Can that be turned off resulting in faster content refreshes.
  • the user experience seems FAR worse than using web browser on mobile
  • It asked for my camera permissions about 10-20 seconds in using the app. Shouldn't that be at the very start as is common with other apps? And once clicked it took me back to the annoying spinning logo and splash screen.
  • It's not "instant content loading" as specified in the features list.
Used it for 1 minute and couldnt wait to uninstall. Appreciate the effort in developing it, but not for me. Could be for others desperate for an app though. Best wishes.

Can this also be setup by any chance to also display WordPress as well? A long shot for sure but thought I’d ask. We’re running Themehouse Xpress bridge and would like to show all.

Maybe as a webview. The first priority is to make the XenForo app great. Then maybe we will add Wordpress to the app.

when someone has it going on their own forum that has custom theme let us know the link so we can check it out!

Sure, you can check out RealityGaming's mobile app as an example. Or Appify's forum.
Make sur to restart the app after the first start, so it can download the latest version other the air.

It needs to improve the speed, first load takes ages :/

Ok, I will have a look to make the app faster. That's the number one priority.

• it's horribly slow

Can you give me some page examples where it is slow ?

• what's with the splash screen? Can that be turned off?

No, it's loading some stuff behind the scene, we can't remove it...

• what's the the RG spinning logo that takes forever? Can that be turned off resulting in faster content refreshes.

Turning it off won't solve the problem. There are maybe some optimizations to make to make the app load faster. That's our priority now.

• the user experience seems FAR worse than using web browser on mobile

Yes I understand, there are many optimization to make.
It's a hard work, most off us won't see the benefits over the responsive web view, but I think that if we improve the app it will be usefull for our users.
But you are right, there are a lot of work to do...

• It asked for my camera permissions about 10-20 seconds in using the app. Shouldn't that be at the very start as is common with other apps? And once clicked it took me back to the annoying spinning logo and splash screen.

Will fix that, thanks !

• It's not "instant content loading" as specified in the features list.

There is a kind of content caching : open a forum, go back, and open it back, you will see that the old content was cached so it a kind of instant content loading.
This feature is misleading, I will change that.

Used it for 1 minute and couldnt wait to uninstall. Appreciate the effort in developing it, but not for me. Could be for others desperate for an app though. Best wishes.

I will make some improvements, if you can test it in few more days and see the changes, it would be very kind of you.

Thanks for the feedbacks guys 👍:)

Maybe as a webview. The first priority is to make the XenForo app great. Then maybe we will add Wordpress to the app.

Sure, you can check out RealityGaming's mobile app as an example. Or Appify's forum.
Make sur to restart the app after the first start, so it can download the latest version other the air.

Ok, I will have a look to make the app faster. That's the number one priority.

Can you give me some page examples where it is slow ?

No, it's loading some stuff behind the scene, we can't remove it...

Turning it off won't solve the problem. There are maybe some optimizations to make to make the app load faster. That's our priority now.

Yes I understand, there are many optimization to make.
It's a hard work, most off us won't see the benefits over the responsive web view, but I think that if we improve the app it will be usefull for our users.
But you are right, there are a lot of work to do...

Will fix that, thanks !

There is a kind of content caching : open a forum, go back, and open it back, you will see that the old content was cached so it a kind of instant content loading.
This feature is misleading, I will change that.

I will make some improvements, if you can test it in few more days and see the changes, it would be very kind of you.

Thanks for the feedbacks guys 👍:)

As a suggestion rather than a useless loading gif try to build a cached loading page ie keep last few posts in cache and roll them for the user to peruse rather than staring at a loading icon.

Can this also be setup by any chance to also display WordPress as well? A long shot for sure but thought I’d ask. We’re running Themehouse Xpress bridge and would like to show all.

Same here, would also like to see support for Themehouse Xpress in the future.

Jean-Baptiste updated 📲 XenForo native mobile app for Android and iOS - Appify.mobi (XenForo 2.0 & 2.1) 🔥 with a new update entry:

Performance optimizations - 10.38.00

- Some performance optimizations https://xenforo.com/community/threa...-xenforo-2-0-2-1-🔥.162959/page-3#post-1338584

line-appify.png

Read the rest of this update entry...

i think it will be better if you make nav bar will hide when croll down and show up when croll up. and auto hide after x second, show up if user touch twice on screen

how i can delete my url here?

i have a bug with my background image website in the mobile / tablets the image does't fixed and it shows pixelet...

This looks so promising! Love it..
Am just wondering based on this;
Bug reports, suggestions, and feedbacks can be made on here : https://appify.mobi/forum.

We want to build a mobile app that fit to your community needs, so we will do our best to improve Appify day by day.
If you'd consider then customisations for specific site based add-ons that have been made?
Is it doable?
Many thanks in advance. :)

How would customization be handled? Custom logo okay, but what about custom splash and loading screens as well as custom (web)fonts?

Top Bottom