★ Off Topix - An active & friendly community ★

Nebulous created a new forum website
Oh yes, I'm registered on there and he's a member of mine, too. :)
@FTL you should check out ForumPromotion btw. I’m sure your forum has potential to take off like a rocket. 🚀
Oh, I know that one. That post swap arrangement sounds too much like hard work as I wouldn't have all that time to spend reciprocating posts. I'd rather pay someone to post, if it wasn't too expensive.

Oh yes, I'm registered on there and he's a member of mine, too. :)

Oh, I know that one. That post swap arrangement sounds too much like hard work as I wouldn't have all that time to spend reciprocating posts. I'd rather pay someone to post, if it wasn't too expensive.
Sorry for my lack of clarity. I’m not even talking about post exchanges. I’m saying, make yourself visible on various webmaster forums and not just on xenforo. Build friendships and enhance your online reputation even further by sharing tricks and tips, and even social chats.

Sorry for my lack of clarity. I’m not even talking about post exchanges. I’m saying, make yourself visible on various webmaster forums and not just on xenforo. Build friendships and enhance your online reputation even further by sharing tricks and tips, and even social chats.
Sounds like a good idea. I'll have a think about it as I've got so many things vying for my time nowadays. I'm not looking to have a super busy forum anyway, as it's just a hobby for me and I don't even have ads. A few more active members and I'm fine with it.

Sounds like a good idea. I'll have a think about it as I've got so many things vying for my time nowadays. I'm not looking to have a super busy forum anyway, as it's just a hobby for me and I don't even have ads. A few more active members and I'm fine with it.
I know some members like Zandrajoi enjoy posting great insights on the sciences. There’re some members who own proboards and myBB forums I think would be a great asset to your forum. I’m active on several forums that either have lots of nerdy members including the site owner or are targeted for nerds. They have a forum promo section, I just thought it be a great idea to diversify. As for your expectations, don’t expect an urban75 like situation on your forum.

I wouldn’t say your forum is likely to take off with hundreds of members no, but I’d say Unfortunately that comes with the cost of having to babysit hate speech. It’s difficult to draw the line between that and freedom of speech, especially when it’s a staff member who feels like they’re being attacked. We sometimes have to get opinions from other staff and make a decision as a team to avoid accusations of bias and too much censorship. It’s incredibly frustrating when I try tell a member something isn’t acceptable or something isn’t allowed and they come back with a confrontational attitude.

I manage several forums but don’t manage any for the record. Anyways going off on a tangent here, happy to PM you forum promo links if you wish for some.

Understandable. Shoot me a PM here and I’ll send you some info.

I know some members like Zandrajoi enjoy posting great insights on the sciences. There’re some members who own proboards and myBB forums I think would be a great asset to your forum. I’m active on several forums that either have lots of nerdy members including the site owner or are targeted for nerds. They have a forum promo section, I just thought it be a great idea to diversify. As for your expectations, don’t expect an urban75 like situation on your forum.

I wouldn’t say your forum is likely to take off with hundreds of members no, but I’d say Unfortunately that comes with the cost of having to babysit hate speech. It’s difficult to draw the line between that and freedom of speech, especially when it’s a staff member who feels like they’re being attacked. We sometimes have to get opinions from other staff and make a decision as a team to avoid accusations of bias and too much censorship. It’s incredibly frustrating when I try tell a member something isn’t acceptable or something isn’t allowed and they come back with a confrontational attitude.

I manage several forums but don’t manage any for the record. Anyways going off on a tangent here, happy to PM you forum promo links if you wish for some.
but I’d say unfortunately that diversity comes with the cost of having to babysit hate speech **,

It's a nice forum, glad you've had success with it.

Congrats on the huge milestone! :)

Amazing how you not only can grab back so many old members from Wober, but also have new members joining in this forum age . You deserve flowers @Nebulous 💐

I really like your forum🍻

Thank you for the kind comments everyone! :love::love::love:

Stop by and join in on some great discussions over at Off Topix today! :)

Oh yeah and do you have age verification for the 18+ forum?

No, there isn't anything really that explicit in there anyway, its just a place for more adult oriented conversations. Some people are uncomfortable with those sorts of discussions which is why we have an opt-in / opt-out feature for it.

Seasons greetings from Off Topix! :)

We've installed 4 new themes there to celebrate the holidays!

Thankful - Light Theme

Here is a preview of the Thankful - Light Theme. We're thankful for our amazing members! Features a countdown to Thanksgiving day (USA). Switch to this theme if you dig autumn vibes and would like to get into the Thanksgiving spirit.

Thankful - Dark Theme

Here is a preview of the Thankful - Dark Theme. We're thankful for our amazing members! Features a countdown to Thanksgiving day (USA). Switch to this theme if you dig autumn vibes and would like to get into the Thanksgiving spirit.

Gift - Light Theme

Here is a preview of the Gift - Light Theme. The best gift of all is the wonderful members at Off Topix! Choose this theme if you love winter vibes and would like to get into the Christmas spirit.

Gift - Dark Theme

Here is a preview of the Gift - Dark Theme. The best gift of all is the wonderful members at Off Topix! Choose this theme if you love winter vibes and would like to get into the Christmas spirit.

Last edited:
What addon did you use to get this?
View attachment 298717

That add-on is from @BassMan, link: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/cxf-login-or-register-on-thread-view.6644/

Everyone is welcome at the Off Topix Community... We're down to earth, laid back and up for a chat 24/7.

❤️

In Love Flirt GIF by Originals

(Preview of some of the themes installed on Off Topix)

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.
-"We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth."

From my experience @OffTopix, I consider the above quoted statement to be false.

Are you looking for a vibrant online community where you can connect with like-minded individuals, engage in interesting discussions, and make new friends? Look no further! Off Topix is an active and friendly community that provides a safe and inclusive space for individuals of all backgrounds and interests to come together and share their thoughts, ideas, and experiences.
-"Are you looking for a vibrant online community where you can connect with like-minded individuals, engage in interesting discussions, and make new friends? Look no further! Off Topix is an active and friendly community that provides a safe and inclusive space for individuals of all backgrounds and interests to come together and share their thoughts, ideas, and experiences."

This entire quoted section above, is also false.

🗨️ Join the Conversation with Off Topix

At Off Topix, you can join the conversation on a wide range of topics that interest you. Whether you're into technology, gaming, movies, music, sports, or just about anything else, you'll find a dedicated forum where you can discuss your passions with fellow enthusiasts. The community is buzzing with activity, with members from all around the world engaging in lively discussions and sharing their knowledge and opinions.
-"The community is buzzing with activity, with members from all around the world engaging in lively discussions and sharing their knowledge and opinions."

The above quoted assertion is incongruent with my OffTopix experiences.

🤝 A Friendly and Welcoming Community​

One of the things that sets Off Topix apart is its friendly and welcoming atmosphere. The community is made up of individuals who are respectful, supportive, and always willing to lend a helping hand. Whether you're a newcomer looking for advice or an experienced member sharing your expertise, you'll feel right at home in this warm and inviting community.
-"One of the things that sets Off Topix apart is its friendly and welcoming atmosphere."

-"The community is made up of individuals who are respectful, supportive, and always willing to lend a helping hand. Whether you're a newcomer looking for advice or an experienced member sharing your expertise, you'll feel right at home in this warm and inviting community."

Again, the above quoted claims are definitively unlike the actual reality by a long shot.

🌍 An Inclusive and Diverse Community​

Off Topix values diversity and inclusivity. The community is made up of individuals from various backgrounds, cultures, and walks of life. This diversity adds richness to the discussions and provides an opportunity to learn from different perspectives. Off Topix promotes mutual respect and encourages members to embrace their uniqueness while fostering an environment of acceptance and tolerance.
-"Off Topix values diversity and inclusivity. The community is made up of individuals from various backgrounds, cultures, and walks of life. This diversity adds richness to the discussions and provides an opportunity to learn from different perspectives. Off Topix promotes mutual respect and encourages members to embrace their uniqueness while fostering an environment of acceptance and tolerance."

Quoted above, is what amounts to no less than dramatically exaggerated falsehoods.

Essentially shameless virtue signaled nonsense being employed as a disingenuous promotional vehicle.

Momentarily overlooking the false assertion of the final quoted sentence above, as well as the generous slathering of pure hypocrisy dribbling off of it. One ought highlight that absolute acceptance and tolerance is not virtuous at all, but rather the complete opposite, as practice of such illogical foolishness very easily can, and infact many times throughout history has only enabled manifestation of significantly detriment outcomes.

-"Off Topix promotes mutual respect and encourages members to embrace their uniqueness while fostering an environment of acceptance and tolerance."

Read the above quote and see if you can spot the fundamental contradiction.

To genuinely make such a claim would imply having also rationalized it such to form a genuine belief of it somehow being reasonable, and would therefore be nothing short of fantastical self-delusion.

As, "fostering an environment of acceptance and tolerance" unavoidably also implies the fostering of an environment thereof acceptance and tolerance of the unacceptable and the intolerable too.

📚 High-Quality Discussions and Valuable Information​

Off Topix is not just about casual chitchat. The community is committed to promoting high-quality discussions and providing valuable information to its members. Members are encouraged to share their knowledge and experiences in a thoughtful and informative manner. From in-depth technical discussions to thought-provoking debates on current events, Off Topix offers a wealth of valuable information and insights.
-"Off Topix is not just about casual chitchat. The community is committed to promoting high-quality discussions and providing valuable information to its members. Members are encouraged to share their knowledge and experiences in a thoughtful and informative manner. From in-depth technical discussions to thought-provoking debates on current events, Off Topix offers a wealth of valuable information and insights."

And again, the above is false.

🚀 Easy-to-Navigate and User-Friendly Platform​

Off Topix is designed with the user in mind. The platform is easy to navigate, making it simple for members to find the topics and discussions that interest them. The community is organized into various categories and sub-categories, making it easy to locate and participate in discussions on specific subjects. The platform also offers a search function, allowing members to quickly find relevant content.
This section above, is reasonably accurate.

📢 Engaging and Interactive Features​

Off Topix offers a range of engaging and interactive features that make the community experience enjoyable and dynamic. Members can create and customize their profiles, connect with other members through private messaging, and participate in polls and surveys. The platform also supports multimedia content, allowing members to share images, videos, and other media to enhance their discussions.
Again, the section above is also accurate.

💬 Join Off Topix Today and Connect with Like-Minded Individuals!​

If you're looking for a vibrant and friendly online community to connect with like-minded individuals, then Off Topix is the place for you! Join today and become a part of this active and engaging community. Share your thoughts, ideas, and experiences, learn from others, and make new friends. Off Topix is waiting to welcome you with open arms! 😊
-"If you're looking for a vibrant and friendly online community to connect with like-minded individuals, then Off Topix is the place for you! Join today and become a part of this active and engaging community. Share your thoughts, ideas, and experiences, learn from others, and make new friends. Off Topix is waiting to welcome you with open arms! 😊"

Unfortunately the above quoted section does not match reality at all, except perhaps in cases where one is an established core member and wholly possessed by such an incongruent fictive conviction.

Now, regardless how it may seem, this is not intending to disparage, rather only to provide actual real feedback in the form of genuine critiques and frank insight from personal experience.

I will refrain from revealing my identity, but I'm sure it is easy enough to guess as I've been a member of OffTopix for some time now, and occasionally pop in, although very rarely nowadays.

As has been the case many times on many fora, after initially joining OffTopix I spent the first weeks proactively attempting meaningful participation, however unfortunately despite how the fora is pleasantly promoted as inclusive, accepting, tolerant and so forth, I found no such actualities forthcoming, nor even basic reciprocation at all, instead primarily only deafening silence, while initially at best there was the standard practice of piling on shallow token gestures, such as typical empty sentiments as: "Welcome to the forum, we look forward to getting to know you!", "So happy you joined our community!", "We're excited to have you, thanks for joining us!", "blah blah blah." ...and similar types of sweet little nothings which would be lucky if appealing to semi-tarded children or adults of equivalent developmental progress.

At OffTopix I experienced exactly the same sort of highly concerning community behaviour I have now witnessed being demonstrated repeatedly at each of the forums where I am a member and which are also populated by the very same preeminent core OffTopix members.

We can even see a glimpse thereof this concerning behaviour–although cleverly disguised–within just page 1 of this thread alone, as is presented by the pseudo-"feedback" provided by at least 6 identifiable members whom I recognize as all being common core members from at least a dozen different fora along with OffTopix.

To me it would essentially seem as though each of these fora, regardless of supposed "niche", which are each populated by the same core members as OffTopix, all merely serve as like clone forums dressed up to outwardly appear unique, alas they simply are not.

Now I'm unsure why some people apparently seem to think the vacuous token "welcome" gestures amount to anything beyond shameless noise nor how anyone could rationalize somehow being any fundamental differences between dozens of forums all populated by the exact same core OffTopix members of whom all seemingly share the same disingenuous ideologies along with equally subversive beliefs.

Sure, each of these fora which I allude here, are, as demonstrated with the promotional OP, always very thoroughly & convincingly presented as if provisioning very specific "niche" topical discourse requisites, yet as with OffTopix, after registering and trying to participate, it quickly becomes apparent that there is no real distinction between forum (a), (b), (c), (OffTopix), or (x), (y) & (z).

However one of the most concerning things which stands out with OffTopix as well as the various other fora comprising the same core members, is, imo, the communally shared presentation of very distinctive toxic ideologies, though furthermore still is the common behavioural presentations shared in any shared environment, such as the highly unusual implied presumption of unquestionable righteousness regardless of absolutely anything and everything.

For example, while these core members of OffTopix are behaving in somewhat reasonably courteous manners, at all times this is accompanied by an overbearing aura of unquestionable righteousness, yet this also unwaveringly persists when these same members are provably mistaken, and still furthermore persisting unabated while proactively engaging clearly toxic communal behaviours too.

My personal experience with OffTopix community has been fundamentally no different than with ForumPromotion and over a dozen of the other fora sharing these exact same core members.

I know from first hand direct experience, that the majority of assertions within the OP and the majority of posts in this thread, though perhaps not obvious for some, to me clearly seem intent upon portrayal of OffTopix in such a framing that is in reality, merely fictional at best.

It is also a fiction which I suspect some of these OffTopix et al multi-fora core members may genuinely believe via communally shared & perpetuated self-deluding irrationalizations.

Of course, for these members, reading my frank and honest opinions here as based on my own subjective experiences with them @OffTopix and beyond, may likely perceive & thereafter interpret my insights as nothing short of being "offensively intended", "hatefully motivated", and almost certainly outright rejected as "total falsehoods".

I would be astonished, and perhaps pleasantly surprised were these particular OffTopix members finally able & willing to conduct themselves in authentic response here with any manner other than as variably abusive group aggression previously demonstrated many times.

This thread is hosted within a forum specifically for:
•FORUM SHOWCASE AND CRITIQUES•

Thus within this thread, I have (a) bourne witness to the showcasing thereof OffTopix, and subsequently also (b) contributed honest 1st hand critiques.

To preempt any attempted hijacking, reframing & nefarious misconstruction of my words, I shall hereby again clearly re-state that my intentions here are strictly that of providing genuine long overdue critiques which may or may not optionally be ignored, or interpreted correctly & recognized as constructive feedback vaguely highlighting a few of the glaringly apparent objectively-(relative to the core group)-perceptible derelictions, which may as yet potentially be significant lingering blindspots.

We all, including myself, have our own various blindspots and of course when these are brought to our attention, we all generally find great difficulty perceiving, recognizing, accepting, acknowledging and thereafter wilfully motivating toward logical resolutions thereof that which we were previously blinded.

In official terms, blindspots may commonly be referred to as subjective states of Ignorance of Ignorance.

One simply has no awareness of their lacking awareness.

This blindedness may (1) persist indefinitely, or otherwise until either (2) being made aware thereof by those benevolent and courageous enough to confront and directly highlight the difficult truthes to the blinded, or (3) otherwise resulting of eventual encounters with challenging situations whereby in which the continuity of ones core blindness becomes known as detrimental via directly experiencing the detriment involuntarily.

The 1st & 3rd, above, are each respectively detrimental in many different ways to varying degrees of severity, with most cases inevitably resulting in significant-often variably compounded-painfully shocking realizations among many other very difficult unavoidable challenges arising, whereas alternatively and as wholly unappealing as may seem, the 2nd is the least challenging and least painful pathway for blindspot resolution.
Yet obviously this requires overcoming the initial reactionary and absolutely erroneous perception of being offended against.

My intention here is #2 and completely devoid of aggression or offensiveness entirely.

Hence why I am bothering to provide some basic elucidation of my underlying motive.

It is my hope that reasonability will ultimately prevail such to the barest minimal extent as to enable the opportunity I am hereby presenting for initiating the overall betterment of OffTopix as an independent community fora, while also affording the same opportunity for each of the un-named core OffTopix multi-fora members too.

Because, maintaining the status quo amounts to maintaining apparent stagnation of a 15yo community which ought long ago by now attained embodiment potentials thereof temporal equivalency to a degree appropriate for 15 years of experientially developed general qualities overall.

I could have said nothing here and simply allowed—thus enabled, the ongoing continuance of communal dysfunctionality, yet to do so would infact be a choice amounting to indirect abuse.

Therefore my choice was to say something.

Last edited:
Top Bottom