★ Off Topix - An active & friendly community ★

Nebulous created a new forum website
Oh yes, I'm registered on there and he's a member of mine, too. :)
@FTL you should check out ForumPromotion btw. I’m sure your forum has potential to take off like a rocket. 🚀
Oh, I know that one. That post swap arrangement sounds too much like hard work as I wouldn't have all that time to spend reciprocating posts. I'd rather pay someone to post, if it wasn't too expensive.

Oh yes, I'm registered on there and he's a member of mine, too. :)

Oh, I know that one. That post swap arrangement sounds too much like hard work as I wouldn't have all that time to spend reciprocating posts. I'd rather pay someone to post, if it wasn't too expensive.
Sorry for my lack of clarity. I’m not even talking about post exchanges. I’m saying, make yourself visible on various webmaster forums and not just on xenforo. Build friendships and enhance your online reputation even further by sharing tricks and tips, and even social chats.

Sorry for my lack of clarity. I’m not even talking about post exchanges. I’m saying, make yourself visible on various webmaster forums and not just on xenforo. Build friendships and enhance your online reputation even further by sharing tricks and tips, and even social chats.
Sounds like a good idea. I'll have a think about it as I've got so many things vying for my time nowadays. I'm not looking to have a super busy forum anyway, as it's just a hobby for me and I don't even have ads. A few more active members and I'm fine with it.

Sounds like a good idea. I'll have a think about it as I've got so many things vying for my time nowadays. I'm not looking to have a super busy forum anyway, as it's just a hobby for me and I don't even have ads. A few more active members and I'm fine with it.
I know some members like Zandrajoi enjoy posting great insights on the sciences. There’re some members who own proboards and myBB forums I think would be a great asset to your forum. I’m active on several forums that either have lots of nerdy members including the site owner or are targeted for nerds. They have a forum promo section, I just thought it be a great idea to diversify. As for your expectations, don’t expect an urban75 like situation on your forum.

I wouldn’t say your forum is likely to take off with hundreds of members no, but I’d say Unfortunately that comes with the cost of having to babysit hate speech. It’s difficult to draw the line between that and freedom of speech, especially when it’s a staff member who feels like they’re being attacked. We sometimes have to get opinions from other staff and make a decision as a team to avoid accusations of bias and too much censorship. It’s incredibly frustrating when I try tell a member something isn’t acceptable or something isn’t allowed and they come back with a confrontational attitude.

I manage several forums but don’t manage any for the record. Anyways going off on a tangent here, happy to PM you forum promo links if you wish for some.

Understandable. Shoot me a PM here and I’ll send you some info.

I know some members like Zandrajoi enjoy posting great insights on the sciences. There’re some members who own proboards and myBB forums I think would be a great asset to your forum. I’m active on several forums that either have lots of nerdy members including the site owner or are targeted for nerds. They have a forum promo section, I just thought it be a great idea to diversify. As for your expectations, don’t expect an urban75 like situation on your forum.

I wouldn’t say your forum is likely to take off with hundreds of members no, but I’d say Unfortunately that comes with the cost of having to babysit hate speech. It’s difficult to draw the line between that and freedom of speech, especially when it’s a staff member who feels like they’re being attacked. We sometimes have to get opinions from other staff and make a decision as a team to avoid accusations of bias and too much censorship. It’s incredibly frustrating when I try tell a member something isn’t acceptable or something isn’t allowed and they come back with a confrontational attitude.

I manage several forums but don’t manage any for the record. Anyways going off on a tangent here, happy to PM you forum promo links if you wish for some.
but I’d say unfortunately that diversity comes with the cost of having to babysit hate speech **,

It's a nice forum, glad you've had success with it.

Congrats on the huge milestone! :)

Amazing how you not only can grab back so many old members from Wober, but also have new members joining in this forum age . You deserve flowers @Nebulous 💐

I really like your forum🍻

Thank you for the kind comments everyone! :love::love::love:

Stop by and join in on some great discussions over at Off Topix today! :)

Oh yeah and do you have age verification for the 18+ forum?

No, there isn't anything really that explicit in there anyway, its just a place for more adult oriented conversations. Some people are uncomfortable with those sorts of discussions which is why we have an opt-in / opt-out feature for it.

Seasons greetings from Off Topix! :)

We've installed 4 new themes there to celebrate the holidays!

Thankful - Light Theme

Here is a preview of the Thankful - Light Theme. We're thankful for our amazing members! Features a countdown to Thanksgiving day (USA). Switch to this theme if you dig autumn vibes and would like to get into the Thanksgiving spirit.

Thankful - Dark Theme

Here is a preview of the Thankful - Dark Theme. We're thankful for our amazing members! Features a countdown to Thanksgiving day (USA). Switch to this theme if you dig autumn vibes and would like to get into the Thanksgiving spirit.

Gift - Light Theme

Here is a preview of the Gift - Light Theme. The best gift of all is the wonderful members at Off Topix! Choose this theme if you love winter vibes and would like to get into the Christmas spirit.

Gift - Dark Theme

Here is a preview of the Gift - Dark Theme. The best gift of all is the wonderful members at Off Topix! Choose this theme if you love winter vibes and would like to get into the Christmas spirit.

Last edited:
Closing in on 630k posts and we have well over 45k threads over at OffTopix.com.

Come join in on the fun! Lots of topix to discuss over at OT!

200.gif

Top Bottom