google reports the following error back to me :
Blocked by robots.txt file
Excluded by "noindex" tag
In the meantime I have set the most important directories to "allow". I am now not quite sure if I have forgotten something ..or am I on a completely wrong path?
Thanks for a possible...
My website is showing over 170 robots online due to which i think server cpu usage reaches high whoch then stops website from opening up and gives error saying the website cannot be displayed, database error.
I have used a plugin in called robots, configured it but its still showing...
When a user quoted a post, the link that leads to the quoted post is using the following URL:
This is causing "Indexed, though blocked by robots.txt" errors in Google Search Console since we block /community/goto/ route in robots.txt as it is used in XenForo website robots.txt file.
If i look in my Google Webmaster Console i am getting 66 warnings because there are some urls indexed by Google but blocked by robots.txt
The urls are almost the same and are like :
Robots.txt and sitemaps should always be in synch. In other words: if the xenforo sitemap sends a URL to search engines, then it should not be disallowed in robots.txt or it will cause crawl errors.
Conversely: if a directory is not disallowed in robots.txt, then it should not be inaccessible...
Noticed on this websites robots.txt that their disallow ended with an "Allow /"
I think it would be a good idea if there was an option to make the sitemap follow robots.txt rules. It would mean the sitemap more accurately follows what you actually want indexed.
See this post here: by @cmeinck...