1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvs - Redactor Editor Icons (for Dark Themes) 1.1

Colored Redactor Icons for Dark Backgrounds

1. dvsDave
    Compatible XF Versions:
    I was frustrated by the fact that I couldn't find any icons that would be suitable for the redactor editor against a dark background.

It took me the better part of a day, but FINALLY I stumbled upon the solution. I first had to invert the original and then colorize the image.

(The preview shows it against a dark background, but the background is transparent on the file. The preview doesn't show all the icons, the preview is much too long and would be compressed by xenforo.)

Notes:

Preview.png

Install:

1. Check the path and the file name that your theme uses by going to: Style Properies -> Rich Text Editor -> Editor Toolbar Button - Background Image Property.
    2. If the value is empty, find which color you want, rename it to icons.png, then upload it to /styles/default/xenforo/editor/
    3. If there is a value in Background Image Property, then find which color you want, rename it to icons.png (or whatever the theme named it), then upload it to /styles/YourStyleName/xenforo/editor/
    4. Go into your forum, and check your editor. If you don't see a change, hit F5 or Ctrl+F5.
    Disclaimer: I can't claim credit for the design of the icons, and have included the original legal disclaimer

Recent Updates

1. No changes needed for 1.3

Recent Reviews

1. Eli Jones
    Eli Jones
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    Not only does this look fantastic on my site, it's super easy to install as well.
  2. Xyphien
    Xyphien
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    Amazing with my dark theme. Thank you for the help to make it look even better.
  3. SneakyDave
    SneakyDave
    5/5,
    great addition to any dark theme
  4. Adder
    Adder
    5/5,
    Awesome work and friendly author. dvsDave made some changes special for my bg-color! Thanks.