digitalpoint
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Resources About

• V
    Congrats on your conversion Shawn! :) Glad to see you're away from vBulletin and on awesome XenForo finally! :) :D
    Reactions: JordanH
    JordanH
    JordanH
    Me to. I don't think I would ever support vBulletin again. Xenforo FTW
    V
    vVv
    Yeah, I couldn't wait to get rid of my vB4 license and forum software to switch to XF lol. Glad it's gone, never going back! Lol!
    " Would be really nice if there was a way to extend the DB class so one doesn't need to hack up the Zend Db class every upgrade. In my fantasy world, I want to intercept the Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract::query() method. "

can you explain in more detail about master - slaver conect ?
    Congratulations, Shawn! For a project going on since October 2011, you must be really happy with yourself at the moment, though perhaps not done with the job overall yet.
    Congratulations Shawn on your migration to XenForo for the forums :)
    Deebs
    Deebs
    Wow that is impressive. I see that the search reindex is impacting performance a little. Would be interesting to read a write up of your migration process (if you ever find the time to write it!)
    digitalpoint
    digitalpoint
    Search is done, but the rebuilding of the user caches is only about half done, and it's no joke for the DB servers. lol
    JordanH
    JordanH
    I only see 16.6 million post
    Hey Man,

DO you take on custom XF addon work, paid of course?

Thanks,
    James
    digitalpoint
    digitalpoint
    No sorry... don't have time to do my own projects unfortunately... definitely not enough time to do projects for others. :)
    V
    we wants alot of your awesome amazing stuff bro.. lol. :P :) i replied asking about that importer you made, no reply? i guess all we can do is... want... haha :P
    digitalpoint
    digitalpoint
    Must have missed the reply... but it won't work with other's data (source or destination) in it's current form (was just built for in-house use)... But when I'm done with it, hopefully I can turn it over to someone who will turn it into some a little more generic.
    V
    vVv
    Have you looked into PHP Hip Hop by Facebook? It won't work with xenForo because of the few eval statements in the code. Do you think it's something that can be avoided somehow?
    digitalpoint
    digitalpoint
    It's a lot of effort to install HipHop with all it's dependencies. I've messed with it for fun, but really not worth the effort unless your website needs at least a few hundred web servers to run.
    Rasmus Vind
    Rasmus Vind
    You are probably right. I just thought it was neat.
    I decided 16 days to do a full import of data to XF probably isn't going to cut it. Made one that can do it in under 30m.
    simbolo
    simbolo
    So when is the migration of the live site happening? :)
    Wildcat Media
    Wildcat Media
    So how does someone like me go about importing anything that fast? I am working on a vB3.7 conversion to XF, plus I need the Sphinx add-on updated for 1.1.3 (as I don't want ES).
    Hello, I found that Digital Point Spy had problems with special chars unicode. How did you fix it?
    litle modification for \library\DigitalPointSyntaxHighlighter\BbCode\Formatter\Base.php
    'language' => $tag['option'] change to 'language' => $geshi->get_language_name()
    I don't suppose the reordering of threads via drag and drop was one of the things you released? It looks amazingly and it would be something we are interested in :)
    digitalpoint
    digitalpoint
    Maybe someday... right now just focusing on getting what *I* need done. Will sort out what other people might want later. :)
    The Dark Wizard
    The Dark Wizard
    :)! Of course :)
    Just a curiosity: why you doesn't considered IP.Board for a switch years ago?
    digitalpoint
    digitalpoint
    Not a big fan of IPB for whatever reason. Also a year or so ago, their plugin/addon architecture was terrible (not sure if it's better now or not).
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom