Terms of Service and Rules
The providers ("we", "us", "our") of the service provided by this web site ("Service") are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts ("Content"). Content submitted express the views of their author only.
You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.
All Content you submit or upload may be reviewed by staff members. All Content you submit or upload may be sent to third-party verification services (including, but not limited to, spam prevention services). Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential.
We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content submitted for any reason without explanation. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We reserve the right to take action against any account with the Service at any time. Access to the Service is not guaranteed to you and access may be restricted or removed at any time for any reason.
You may not access the Service through automated or programmatic means (such as through a content scraper) without prior permission from us.
You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.
These terms may be changed at any time without notice.
The XenForo.com forum rules set out below are considered part of these terms.
If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use this Service. If you wish to close your account, please contact us.
The XenForo community is primarily a support community for a business and its customers, rather than a general chat/discussion community. It is a community built around people getting and giving help and guidance. Your behavior should reflect that. The rules here are not exhaustive and will be modified over time as necessary. Use common sense.
Access to the community is a privilege, not a right, and members who continually breach these rules will find themselves limited or removed from the community, regardless of the other contributions they have made.
Please note that responses to questions posted on the forums cannot be guaranteed. If you require a response from a staff member, please submit a support ticket via the Customer Area. Please do not submit the same questions to the forum and support tickets simultaneously.
- The XenForo forums are the forums for a business and should be viewable in business contexts or by children. Please do not post anything which is inappropriate in a business setting. This includes, but is not limited to, profanity, sexual, sexualized or illicit content, hateful, threatening, provocative or vulgar content, links and websites and discussion encouraging the use of piracy or warez distributions, or any otherwise illegal content. Please do not attempt to circumvent the censoring options we have set up.
- Be courteous and respect your fellow members. To be clear, personal attacks, aggressive messages, and passive-aggressive behavior is unacceptable. If you take particular issue with another user and are unable to reply in a civilised and constructive way to their posts, you should ignore the user.
- Posts should always be constructive and on topic. For common issues, simply telling someone to search is not acceptable. If you disagree with a post and feel the need to reply as such, it’s important that you explain why. Off topic posts may be moved or deleted as required.
- Similarly, messages involving XenForo’s competitors must be constructive. Posts regarding their business practices, staff, and software are generally unacceptable. However, constructive criticism towards XenForo in relation to others’ features is acceptable (for example, saying that XenForo should function like X in software Y).
- If you feel another user is attacking or being aggressive towards you, report their message to staff. Do not respond publicly. This simply continues the back and forth that derails topics and makes them uncomfortable for other users. If someone attacks you and you respond with an attack, you will be warned regardless of who started it.
- All content must be posted in English as it is not possible for us to moderate the forums otherwise. In very specific cases (such as distributing a translation), foreign languages may be used provided an English translation is provided as well.
- Do not bump threads unless you have something else to add to the discussion. Related to this, resources should not be bumped with updates unless the update is legitimate. Updates for the primary purpose of bumping the resource will be removed. Additionally, replying to discussions which have been inactive for several months or longer should be avoided unless you have something of value to add.
- Please do not attempt to sell or trade any products or services in our community, outside what is explicitly allowed in the resource manager or third-party services forum. This rule also extends to give aways and competitions. You should head to a dedicated site for that.
- Service and resource providers may not solicit via conversations unless direct communication is explicitly invited.
- If you recommend a product or service and link to it with an affiliate code, you must disclose the affiliate relationship.
- Personal information and private discussions may not be posted unless it’s clear that all parties involved have consented.
- If a moderator or staff member takes an action or posts a directive (for example, to stop with a particular topic), you must adhere to this. If you discover a directive only after you’ve posted a message that contravenes it, delete your post or it will be taken to be ignoring moderators.
- If you have a problem with or question about a moderator’s decision, contact the moderator privately or submit a message through the contact system. Posts or topics discussing moderator actions will be removed.
- Many third-parties have released their own resources (add-ons, styles, graphics, translations, etc) here. You must follow their specified license. If no license is explicitly specified, re-distribution (of the resource or of derivatives) is not permitted. Violation of resource licenses will lead to resource access being restricted.
- Please respect third-party resource authors and their contributions. Many resource authors release things for no charge and don’t owe you anything. Attacking them will simply lead to them not releasing things in the future to the detriment of everyone. Understand that resources are not made specifically to your specifications. If you are unhappy with a resource, we recommend you pay to commission a custom-developed resource to your specifications.
- Resource authors may not use any incentives to attract reviews to their resources. However, you may ask people to leave a review.
- Support will only be given to licensed customers or their nominated forum accounts.
- Each user may only have one account. If duplicate accounts are discovered, the duplicates may be banned.