[xH] Simple Blogs Add-on

[xH] Simple Blogs Add-on 1.0.44b

No permission to download
Then please make a copy of your produtive installation and try it on the copy to disable all other addons (that I dont know ;) ) and then reactivate one after each other to try out with what a addon it comes to the conflict/error. :)

This the error in detail.

Undefined index: xfa_blog_category

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenCentral/MultiSite/Model/XfAddOns/Blogs/Category.php at line 59
  2. XenCentral_MultiSite_Model_XfAddOns_Blogs_Category->_filterCategories() in XenCentral/MultiSite/Model/XfAddOns/Blogs/Category.php at line 16
  3. XenCentral_MultiSite_Model_XfAddOns_Blogs_Category->getGlobalCategories() in XfAddOns/Blogs/Panel/Categories.php at line 77
  4. XfAddOns_Blogs_Panel_Categories->getGlobalCategories() in XfAddOns/Blogs/Panel/Categories.php at line 31
  5. XfAddOns_Blogs_Panel_Categories->getPanelContent() in XfAddOns/Blogs/Model/Panel.php at line 22
  6. XfAddOns_Blogs_Model_Panel->getPanels() in XfAddOns/Blogs/ControllerPublic/BlogHome.php at line 47
  7. XfAddOns_Blogs_ControllerPublic_BlogHome->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  8. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  9. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/xfkairete/public_html/index.php at line 13

It looks like a conflict with the Multisite addon - I dont use it, so I can only say - try to disable it to confirm the conflict. :)

Yes I can see it in your error log entry. And that is why I say, try to disable it to clear its a conflict betwen this and Simple Blogs or not. Its just one click and a pair minutes of testing...

If so - then is Simple Blogs at this point not compatible with the XenCentral Mulitsite addon.

So I upgraded from Better Blogs 1.0.33 to 1.0.44. I did encounter a small issue, however.

On the Member profile tab that displays blog posts on their profile page, it no longer shows blog posts. It did before the upgrade. Normally it would show a loading message for a few seconds but I just get white space, even when toggling between tabs.

Screen Shot 2016-05-18 at 5.18.26 PM.webp

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Hello.

A link? I would take a look. The link in your profile page do not work.

But I can say, in this version - I only change certain litle Style issues and add a hand full phrases. No other code changes to the original "Better Blogs" ...

Hello.

A link? I would take a look. The link in your profile page do not work.

But I can say, in this version - I only change certain litle Style issues and add a hand full phrases. No other code changes to the original "Better Blogs" ...

It's on my private test installation, I can PM you the details.

I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the changes you've bad. I think it was a change made between the Better Blog version I was running and one of it's updates (was running a relatively outdated version). I'm wondering if anyone else experienced this - or at the very least, are your installations properly showing the blogs in the profile tab? It might be a styling issue on my site or an issue involving my other profile tabs, but I don't see why if it worked fine before upgrading this add-on alone.

... as I wrote on https://xen-hilfe.de its a style issue with the used Flat 4 style in combination with a deleted or overwriten Xenforo default style. Not a issue in the Simple Blog addon.

iseamonet know it now. :)

... as I wrote on https://xen-hilfe.de its a style issue with the used Flat 4 style in combination with a deleted or overwriten Xenforo default style. Not a issue in the Simple Blog addon.

iseamonet know it now. :)

Having an issue where I can't upload images and getting this error:

chrome_2016-07-08_05-51-08.webp

• Fresh install, XF 1.5,
  • Permissions all set up correctly,
  • Using PHP built-in GD image library
I have an account if you need access to see whats causing it let me know. I really need this fixed asap :( I'd appreciate it. I'll throw $10 your way for a quick fix.

Hello,

What have the issue from iseamonet to do with yours? o_O

I dont think there is a fix needed on side of the add-on yet. I have tested it several times and the image uploads works very well. It uses the built in xenforo image upload to do this. ;)

- Comes this error with every file type? jpg, bmp, gif eg or only with pngs?
- Is this only in the blogs? In all blogs? In all groups?
- What version of php, gdimage, xenforo you use, what other add-ons you use?

And last but not least - Simple Blogs is for free and my support is for free. Its a project after work for me. ;)

Hey otto

- Seems to be happening with all image types.

- Happening in all blogs and groups

- Using Xenforo 1.5.8 & On a Shared Hosting plan by Godaddy so most stuff is up to date.

List of active addons:

Installed Add-ons
******* - Custom Node Style 1.3.0
Create Thread from Forum List by Waindigo 1.0.2
GoodForNothing Classifieds 1.0.0 RC 6
GoodForNothing Core 1.0.0 Beta 1
HTML in Node Titles by Waindigo 1.0.7a
PemBer - XenForo Membership & Affiliate System 1.4.1
Remove Search Tabs 1.3
Start Conversation from Post 1.2.5
Thread Filters by Waindigo 1.0.5
[AD] UI.X 1.0.3
[bd] Paygates 1.5.0b
[XH] Simple Blogs 1.0.44b

I sent you some admin login details via PM, if you could take a look I'd be forever grateful.

edit: just disabled most addons and still having this issue on both default style and the style I am using.

edit 2: After disabling flash uploader, I now get this error:

chrome_2016-07-08_12-01-39.webp

Last edited:
I wrote you a PN. I will tomorow take a look at this - but I think it has nothing to do with the addon Simple Blogs. We will see... :)

I wrote you a PN. I will tomorow take a look at this - but I think it has nothing to do with the addon Simple Blogs. We will see... :)

thank you, I really appreciate it. I'd really love to get this working, you've done amazing work getting it to work this well, once I can squash this image uploader bug I'll be so happy :)

@Brogan or @Chris D would any of you consider payment for fixing this issue for me? Otto was meant to look at it a few days ago but he's AWOL/not wanting to look into it anytime soon. You are both crazy talented, and would maybe be able to squash this for me pretty fast.

I'm conviunced it has something to do with the addon, as all other uploads/addons that handle uploading attachments work flawlessly.

@otto @GoPluto it would appear that you two still have unresolved issues; I think it would be worthwhile if you both take those issues now in private so as to have this thread merely focused on providing support to other users of the add-on.

Top Bottom