[xH] Simple Blogs Add-on

[xH] Simple Blogs Add-on 1.0.44b

No permission to download
Next version will become a smarter deinstall screen, phrased - so its multilingual and one step bevor:
upload_2016-3-23_20-33-13.webp upload_2016-3-23_20-34-29.webp

And the error message thats on screen in the actual version when you try to delete without the needed code in library/config.php:
upload_2016-3-23_20-45-56.webp
its now for next release eleminated, its not needed any more. :)

Last edited:
You mean "testing" ? :unsure: but, thats not from me as you can see on my screens - I use for this simple numbers, as 1, 2, 3...
To solve this, go to your ACP, and take a template search for "testing" - if the template name starts with xfa_blog - you should simply delete the "testing" out from the template.

Your left image - what style is it? Is that the outdated vBulletin style for XF? It looks like...

Please give me a link, so that I can take a look by my self.
No, "testing" is the name I gave the widget. It's "Member Metrics", the name of the menu/tab button I clicked to display the page (right image).

Yeah it's an old style based off VB. Don't worry about it, the main widget to display recent blogs works, so I'll use just that...

But with exactly this as last line in your xenforo config file will work to propper deinstall the add-on.
It took me 3 tries this morning but finally got it to uninstall! :D

If you wish I can take a look at your special issues at your site, PN me and make a second admin account for me to take a look at.
Not sure I am going to use the blogs addon anymore but if I change my mind I will get in touch with you. Thank you for the offer and time. :)

As I uninstalled the addon this morning, this happened:

mysql_error.webp

Doesn't seem good. :( Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Thats why it is market as beta and why I say: make a backup bevor install... :whistle: ;)

But thats no big problem:

This:
upload_2016-3-24_18-28-15.webp
is eliminated with next version, and more a notice. Ignore and delete it.

This:
upload_2016-3-24_18-29-8.webp
says it cant delete whats not in table. Thats a problem from the original Better Blogs addon, and I solve this with next release. You can ignore it and delete these 2 error logs.

But this:
upload_2016-3-24_18-31-3.webp
I see this notice the first time - please give me the complete error log entry to take a look at this. Sure this comes from Simple Blogs ?

After he gives me a look at the error log from the last error above - I dont think thats from the Simple Blogs addon (it comes up when the registration form is called).

At this point I dont be longer willing to post simultanus in PN and this thread.

I have sayed:
1. try to switch to default style from xenforo
2. try to disable all other addons (from a lot you have installed ;) )
3. test registration and report

But I see no point in code why this should have to do with the Simple Blogs addon.

Okay no prob. I'll wait till your next release before upgrading. Thank you so much for your time! :D

No, it convert blogs not to forums.

When you uninstall the blog-addon it kills all blog entries.
But this will be the same as the most other addons it does.

Hi, I want to make sure that I have this set up right. However, this forum only has pictures in German, and I unfortunately don't read German. I only read/understand English. Is there anywhere I can go to find images for this add on in English?

Has anyone updated older versions of Better Blogs to Simple Blogs?

I'm trying to upgrade from XF 1.4 to 1.5 and I have a strong feeling it'll break the version of Better Blogs I'm running (1.0.33).

Can I make such an upgrade in this instance? Any upgrade instructions?

Simple Blogs is the same thing same as "Better Blogs", just free as far as I can tell. It works great on XF 1.5.7. Not sure about upgrading tho...

Simple Blogs is the same thing same as "Better Blogs", just free as far as I can tell. It works great on XF 1.5.7. Not sure about upgrading tho...

Thought so, just wanted to be clear. I imagine I would have upgrade to Good Enough Blog (Better Blog) 1.0.44 and then Simple Blog 1.044b (on a test install).

Hello,

have you other addons run? I cant reproduce this after certain new catagories I have made now. :unsure:

Top Bottom