Xenforo right for a new site?

beabillionaire

Hi, after much thought, I was thinking of going with Xenforo if I had to choose a paid forum option. I am creating a brand new site, so there will be no members, posts etc. Do you think spending money on a forum software is right for a new site? I am looking for a feature rich forum, hoping this is it.

The one thing I recently noticed that every forum has but I do not see it with Xenforo, is the avatars when you post, they do not show things like post count, reputation (optional), perhaps member level. I feel like post count is always something people want to see (but I dont see it).

is this a feature of Xenforo or should I go with some free software for awhile? The main thing with free vs. paid is I assume free gets hacked more often as the code is open source.

thanks

You obviously missed the point, which isn't unusual.
Is this really necessary?
I think it's immoral to actually talk someone into purchasing a license with all the unknowns we currently face (n)
Vague aspersions do not help anything, if you have something to say, or a link to provide, please do.

My original post in this thread was slightly 'tongue-in-cheek', but I really was trying to help. As was the other moderator.

If you purchased installation, why are you doing it? :confused:

Paid the install but he was getting errors and stopped replying, I was hoping getting the site up this weekend. So I went to support forum,
Looks like he's an active admin Stewart not one to sit around helpless.
Chris Deeming has answered his support request on the install forum.

beabillionaire sorry you've hit frustration on install which is unusual but you seem sensible and you have a helper, plus your install support thread. Looking forward to discussing the fun stuff with you.

I will go check to see what he says! Look forward to more member interactions,
cheers

Top Bottom