What about using the Tiptap editor for XenForo?

Cool editor but hate the name, given a similarly-named app selling our data to you-know-where...
I kind of like the name. In Sweden it might be this you first think of when you hear the name:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hopefully it will be an editor that keeps on giving not only for christmas.

February 2023 I think you first mentioned it. I think @Jake B. mentioned it at some point too. I had seen Lexical at that point, and Editor.js. A bunch of editors were evaluated before we settled on one back in April 2023.
I think all will enjoy it. It's a shame what happened to the editors of old, in general they either went nuts on licensing or are broken.

I'm looking forward to seeing how it all works out.
I remember the first editor we had it looked rather old fashioned.
Now we have this current one.
It will be fun seeing what TIPTAP is like.

Is there a way to suppress apple popups ,

View attachment 303408
When IPS was building out their editor, they originally offered a bubble / floating editor for common functions like bold, italicize, etc.

However, it overlapped with OS functions (like copy, paste, etc. as shown in your screenshot) so it was quickly removed. All of the functions are in the editor bar at this point.

With that said, one of the big benefits in TipTap is their support for markdown

i am confused but i do not think devs have confirmed that it's tiptap for 3.0 🤷‍♂️

and about the mobile browser toolbar. i really like how samsung allows you to move the toolbar around. on my previous android device, i had to enter a line break at the top to be able to use the xenforo toolbar because the browser toolbar basically overlapped the editor toolbar. apple seems to have it below text so that's helpful i suppose.

i am confused but i do not think devs have confirmed that it's tiptap for 3.0 🤷‍♂️

and about the mobile browser toolbar. i really like how samsung allows you to move the toolbar around. on my previous android device, i had to enter a line break at the top to be able to use the xenforo toolbar because the browser toolbar basically overlapped the editor toolbar. apple seems to have it below text so that's helpful i suppose.

https://xenforo.com/community/threa...-shift-and-left-arrow-key.217293/post-1660729

It contains core functionality so even if it could be disabled (it can't) disabling it would prevent access to controls for copy/paste etc.

Top Bottom