What about using the Tiptap editor for XenForo?

FTL

Looks like Invision have gone for it and it's worked well for them.

Devs, waddya think?

Looks like they've done a great job with that editor. The icons tab is a pretty cool addition too.

It looks like they've added some neat additional features too, like the content boxes. I wonder if that's something offered out of the box or if it was just easier to extend the editor due to the componentised nature of it being made in react.

Reactions: FTL
Looks like no table support though (at least yet). Seems odd, does the current IPS not include table support?

Not every function Tiptap supports will make it to our editor. It can do tables, but there's a lot of scaffold needed. We need UI to add/remove rows/columns etc.

I'm sure it'll mature as 5.0 develops.

Reactions: FTL
A clue related to the new editor XF will be using was dropped a few months ago.

Surprised no-one picked up on it.

A clue related to the new editor XF will be using was dropped a few months ago.

Surprised no-one picked up on it.
Well damn, that clue crossed out Quill which was my hope. TipTap is nice as well, haven't had any qualms on the sites I visit that use it.

Edit: Just realized my soon to be (with all the hopes in the sky) next employer actually uses TipTap for their OSS product that I will be working on.

What exactly did you see? 🧐
Go read the features hys thread.
It's very clever but if i linked it on here i'd get into trouble.
I'm still thinking the editor is quill as the other one looks too much like a version that mocks the current one.

I'm still thinking the editor is quill as the other one looks too much like a version that mocks the current one.
Why would you get in trouble?

It’s not Quill

It’s not Quill
Ah so you've gone with the mocked one...
🤦‍♀️ at myself for trying to guess other editors.
I had a look at both thinking quill was it only to be told it's the other one that looks like the current editor when you told us you were looking at moving away from the current editor.
Tiptap it is then...

Ah so you've gone with the mocked one...
🤦‍♀️ at myself for trying to guess other editors.
I had a look at both thinking quill was it only to be told it's the other one that looks like the current editor when you told us you were looking at moving away from the current editor.
Tiptap it is then...
They are moving away from the current editor.

Top Bottom