Resource icon

vBulletin 5 to Xenforo Importer 1.1.414.1

No permission to download
For you specific example. If you open the php file, and search for convert_vb5 and replace all with /rok/convert_vb5 you will get the desired affect.

Yep, that does the trick there, thank you. It allowed me to get through members and forums sections. Next up was threads, and something odd happened there. It said it had 19 cycles to go through on mine, no biggie. At one point though it actually showed it was working on cycle 20 of 19...odd. But after it finishes and goes back to the main interface, it still shows a status of '-' on the threads so I can't proceed to posts. Tried running it again, same result. Not sure how to fix that.

I did have the option to import PMs, so I decided to try that. Turns out you have a bit of legacy code in there, it was referencing "convert_bwc_vb5" in the filename area for the PM imports. Search and replace to remove the _bwc seems to correct it. I'm working on PM imports now, more feedback as I am able to proceed further.

The numeric count deal was just so I/You had an idea of what it was doing. I just wanted to make sure it was still doing something each refresh.
Crap on the covert. I'll have to fix that in this next one.
The threads no working though is odd. I did rewrite it with the _bwc version let me see if I can see what it is.
Try this one. You'll have to replace the rok again.

Grabbed your latest one and gave it a whirl (after hard-coding the paths). The thread conversion process unfortunately does the same thing as before...goes through the processing steps, but at the end nothing has been imported. On the other hand, everything that I've been able to successfully run through the importer so far is working fine. The usergroups, members and forum structure are all correct, and all of my private messages came through flawlessly.

What can I do to help troubleshoot the thread import?

Can you look in your forums and see if its actually put the threads there and not reporting it?
The threads should show up but be empty. I'm running this on my dev site, and it working so I'm not sure whats up.

Can you look in your forums and see if its actually put the threads there and not reporting it?
The threads should show up but be empty. I'm running this on my dev site, and it working so I'm not sure whats up.

I double-checked to be sure, but unfortunately they didn't import. "There are no threads to display."

That's the trick, Necrophyte! Threads imported that time. I've turned it loose on posts, but think I'll call it a night while that works. Will let you know if it was successful tomorrow, thanks again!

All righty, back at it today. There are just shy of 400,000 posts to import, so the process takes a couple of hours. It goes through that without any issues, but when the process is complete, it shows only 250/400,000 posts imported. I checked the forum to be sure and did indeed find some of the very oldest posts in there now, but most are not. I ran the import again to see if it could pick up anything it had missed, but same results - only 250 imported (essentially, just one successful cycle). The frustrating thing there is that I have to wait two hours to see if it was successful, when the failure occurs in the first minute.

@Lloyd Barron You should be able to set posts to 4,000 without any issues. It should only take approx 30 seconds to 2 minutes to finish. If you see Errors come up, something PID. Just lower the number back down to 2500.

@Necrophyte thanks, I grabbed your update and, after changing the file paths per usual, ran the Posts import with a setting of 4000 per cycle. It finished this in about 15 minutes, much faster. Unfortunately, at the end of the process, same deal...no posts actually got imported. This time instead of saying 250/394997 imported, it just says -/-. So something changed for sure, but it's still not getting the actual posts imported.

Curse my other code. Sorry I have it in another file that I use to convert my own stuff and keep forgetting. Quick fix. Go to line 976 and 977 and change mysqli_vb5 to mysqli_xf. I'll change it in the next one.
Change 4,000 to 5,000. Should speed it up even more.
10,000 is possible depending on your mysql settings, but I start seeing errors myself after 8,000

When your done the posts. You will need to go into the Xenforo tools->rebuild caches
Do the Forum, Then Thread. Make sure in thread to tick "Rebuild position and post counters". Its takes a while but it fixes the position of posts. Otherwise all the posts will be in one long list, not by page.
I recommend doing the others as well but these ones are needed.

Wow, just two lines, but that did the trick on posts! I haven't updated the displays yet but all the posts are now in their proper places. The structure of the site is mostly complete. By the way, if it's useful to you when I'm done I can send a copy of the finished file I'm using. Mine still has some edits to the filepaths that are necessary.

Two last things that have come up - on importing Likes (not a big deal) the following error comes up:

Notice: Undefined offset: 2339 in /home/warbar/dev.warbarron.com/rok/convert_vb5_xen1512.php on line 1044

More importantly though, the attachment import has an issue. On each cycle you just get a page full of the following error:

Warning: mkdir(): No such file or directory in /home/warbar/dev.warbarron.com/rok/convert_vb5_xen1512.php on line 1511

I tracked down the referenced lines in your code, but am not sure how to affect a repair.

The undefined offset means that the post didn't exist for the like. Unfortunately any posts deleted in VB didn't delete likes. Some like still exist in VB even after the post was deleted. Bunch of other stuff still stayed too but that is another story.

As for Attachments. You shouldn't have needed to change any of the information in the attachments stuff. If you did. I recommend changing it back, unless you changed it all internally for Xenforo as well. I'll take a look but its working on my end.

I have a problem with importing members - I'm stuck at usernames with ",(comma)" in it...is there a way to ignore this and import this users anyway or I must skip this users like the ones with @ in usernames?

EDIT: I added this code in line 607

if ( strpos( $row['username'], "," ) !== false )
continue;

...and now I'm stuck on "usernames must be unique" error....can this be fixed?

Last edited:
Top Bottom