Persistent Alerts

Persistent Alerts [Paid] 2.6.0

No permission to buy ($25.00)
Does not work. Maybe this screenshot will be useful. The test mail with a normal subscription receives only 1 letter, and not more and more. Subscribers are unhappy, and so am I. What did I pay for?
1714408940442.webp

1714409080588.webp
1714409210307.webp

You have the option "Persistent Alert - User Option" set.

Check the new registration option "Generate new alerts without reading threads", it defaults to "false".

You can bulk opt-in everyone with this SQL:
SQL:
update xf_user_option
set sv_persistent_alert = 1

It is under the "user registrations" option
Ok, I did it. But this is just the default value.

And if the user says that he does not receive letters, what should he do, how can he set up continuous notifications about new messages?

I use this add-on (and this exact same version) heavily on my own sites, and it works as expected.

And if the user says that he does not receive letters, what should he do, how can he set up continuous notifications about new messages?
This add-on respects if someone has the replying user ignored, and just because it sent notifications doesn't mean the email provider will forward it to their inbox.

Please confirm with your own testing (ie not a user complaint) that a thread you watch gets multiple emails without visiting the thread, as this will rule out add-on conflicts which are always a possibility.

I use this add-on (and this exact same version) heavily on my own sites, and it works as expected.

This add-on respects if someone has the replying user ignored, and just because it sent notifications doesn't mean the email provider will forward it to their inbox.

Please confirm with your own testing (ie not a user complaint) that a thread you watch gets multiple emails without visiting the thread, as this will rule out add-on conflicts which are always a possibility.
Ok, I've highlighted the successful messages that come to my test mail.ru mail after clicking "track topic" + check the notify without visiting topic box.

But there are people whose letter title is shown differently: “subject + new message”.
And there are those who have not received anything since April 28 (mail.ru)

1714471730248.webp
1714471909764.webp
1714471984069.webp

Other users may have opt'ed out or depending on how that email tracking log works the email might have bounced and not be reported as sent.

They do not refuse, they are unhappy that the letters do not arrive.
And the logs show that the letters were not sent

Open a ticket on my site, there may be 3rd party addon conflicts and I will need access to your site (via ssh/sftp) to analyse how the relevant functionality is being extended.

Top Bottom