Resource icon

[XFR] User Albums 1.0.0 b7

No permission to download
Where do I go to set the Random / Popular / Latest images side-bars on the Home Page, instead of the forum list. (refer to image below for what I'm trying to explain).

UAQ.jpg

How do i change it so it shows on XenPorta homepage instead of when Forum tab is selected?
You need to install the xenporta block for the gallery via importing the block in XenPorta, the I have no idea where the block is available you can ask someone who is using it maybe its in the old XenPorta modules thread.

I think a very nice feature to have would be to be able to Comment on the entire album. Instead of just a comment on a question, how about a way to just comment on the album in general.

Example is a guy posts 20 pictures of his car. I would rather comment on his album about the car instead of having to pick one picture to comment on.

You need to install the xenporta block for the gallery via importing the block in XenPorta, the I have no idea where the block is available you can ask someone who is using it maybe its in the old XenPorta modules thread.

Anyone figure out how to get this please share as I wold like as well.

I'm just noticed that deleting an album doesn't delete the comments from the statistics block. I just emptied my gallery and the stats still thinks there's comments on the non existent albums.

Edit: Actually I think it does, perhaps it just took time to update.

When I have this mod active, it shows members no matter what their doing most of the time as "Viewing Album Image a moment ago" even if their viewing the forums or a thread.

I am customizing this add-on for a client and have some requests for the future. You are using private all over the place which simply makes it hard to extend. Could you in future use protected instead please? Also XfRu_UserAlbums_Model_Albums::doSmth() should probably be removed from releases?

Can you please add the option to only let members you have followed to view an album?

When I have this mod active, it shows members no matter what their doing most of the time as "Viewing Album Image a moment ago" even if their viewing the forums or a thread.
It only happens when their viewing a thread or a page that contains an image from an album. Is there any way to fix this? The album system is used through out the entire site and we can no longer see what any one is doing because it says "Viewing Album Image"

Bump for greater justice, this bug is pretty bad and we can't uninstall the album system, it's used through out our entire community.

It only happens when their viewing a thread or a page that contains an image from an album. Is there any way to fix this? The album system is used through out the entire site and we can no longer see what any one is doing because it says "Viewing Album Image"

It is really easy to fix, actually

In the file XfRu/UserAlbums/ControllerPublic/Image

Add the following function inside the class

Code:
class XfRu_UserAlbums_ControllerPublic_Image extends XfRu_UserAlbums_ControllerPublic_Abstract
{

public function canUpdateSessionActivity($controllerName, $action, &$newState)
    {
        if ($action == 'Standalone')
        {
            return false;
        }
        return parent::canUpdateSessionActivity($controllerName, $action, $newState);
    }

With that, when the user is viewing an image, it will not update the session activity, which in turns mean that the user will not appear as "viewing an image"

It is really easy to fix, actually

In the file XfRu/UserAlbums/ControllerPublic/Image

Add the following function inside the class

Code:
class XfRu_UserAlbums_ControllerPublic_Image extends XfRu_UserAlbums_ControllerPublic_Abstract
{

public function canUpdateSessionActivity($controllerName, $action, &$newState)
    {
        if ($action == 'Standalone')
        {
            return false;
        }
        return parent::canUpdateSessionActivity($controllerName, $action, $newState);
    }

With that, when the user is viewing an image, it will not update the session activity, which in turns mean that the user will not appear as "viewing an image"

Is there a planned converter for IPB Gallery (or a workaround), as I'm really keen to convert a site to XF - but I'd need to move the gallery over to do this.

Is there a planned converter for IPB Gallery (or a workaround), as I'm really keen to convert a site to XF - but I'd need to move the gallery over to do this.
Don't hold your breath. It's been many months since the last update on this add-on, although I have been promised that he will be continuing the development.

Don't hold your breath. It's been many months since the last update on this add-on, although I have been promised that he will be continuing the development.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll probably hold off for a while then - I'm really hoping that there's an official XF gallery at some point so that there will be guaranteed continuity.

Top Bottom