Resource icon

[XFR] User Albums 1.0.0 b7

No permission to download
quick question I have this uploaded to my site however it says no albums and no images in the sidebar even though I have created two and I can see them. There are no comment boxes for the pics either. I cannot find anywhere that says "approve albums"
I am wondering if these folders were created, where would I go to look for them?
Make sure, that add-on installation process has created folders for thumbnails and images and that folders are writable. If you can't find such foldres, you need to create them manually. Those folders are:
  • data/xfru/useralbums/thumbnails
  • data/xfru/useralbums/sprites
  • internal_data/xfru/useralbums/images

they need to fix a bug, that when you're a guest.. you can actually "like" and comment album images when logged out as guest or actually a guest.. it's still not working for me.. i'm assuming it's server bug though. something like that, happened with another resource too.. and the resource author had to give me a fix for it.

Getting a little frustrated..... meh
Trying to do an install of this, here is situation:

Rebult entire Xenforo from one already there (previously had this add-on installed)
Once done, obviously no options to uninstall the add-on to install again.
So, deleted all old and reuploaded all files.
I have completely dropped all tables associated with this add on, in order to have fresh.

Now, when I "Install Add-On", I get this error:
View attachment 36594

Can anyone please help.
I get the almost the same thing.
ScreenShot930.webp

You have to drop a couple tables.... I'll see if I can look and find my list. I eventually got it, just had to figure out where they all were. Maybe 6 or 8 total....

I'll keep asking this, until author responds or someone else takes it over and fixes it... Just keep repeating same thing over and over (once a day, every day).. till 60 pages deep or it gets a response from author or new person to take it over lol. Hence the always mention about resource authors abandoning their stuff lol

they need to fix a bug, that when you're a guest.. you can actually "like" and comment album images when logged out as guest or actually a guest.. it's still not working for me.. i'm assuming it's server bug though. something like that, happened with another resource too.. and the resource author had to give me a fix for it.​

The author has been gone for some time.
He hasn't said he's not going to work on it.
But hasn't been here for a year.
Well crap, the add on isn't formatted very well... if someone else could take this on or develop something more modern looking that would be awesome.

The author has been gone for some time.
He hasn't said he's not going to work on it.
But hasn't been here for a year.

His profile shows he was here Oct 11, 2012....not a year!
Maybe someone can try contacting him? Maybe a mod can email him if he doesn't respond? He might be willing to give his code up to the community.....or something like that?

I tried PC'ing him the other month and got no reply.. I'm really thinking about dropping this resource, and getting Bobster's Showcase instead, at least he's actively updating his and development and support continues... And would be nice if there was importer, for this resource, to Showcase. The only issue is, I can't buy with PayPal and he only takes PayPal. :(

Yeah... a working albums add on is pretty essential in my opinion. Maybe we should crowdsource one to be made by one of the active developers like Waindigo...

lol doh... and me spent most the money on Luke's chat box.. haha. ah well.. another day, another dollar.. Lol!

Top Bottom