XF 2.3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laughing Out Loud Lol GIF by Minions

Sorry but could not resist laughing and pointing at all the impatient people in here.
Just enjoy your forums while the developers are creating something special for us.
Can you tell why e.g. Invision Community developers are constantly updating their stakeholders (i.e. customers) and discussing with them, providing timely updates and developing their software? I don't use their software but I have taken a peek. It seems they don't have trouble with engaging with the community and developing the software. Wouldn't this be an ideal situation here too?

I can't understand how anyone can be called impatient anymore, after Kier said a year ago that HYS would start in the coming weeks, and how it's been 3 years (?) soon since 2.2 came out.

I am genuinely worried this is the life support stage and this excellent piece of software's future is in danger. With the lack of communication and apparent progress, I'm surprised if most forum admins with a vested interest in the continued success of XF are not worried by now.

Please if you can, elaborate why there should be no concern?

Laughing Out Loud Lol GIF by Minions

Sorry but could not resist laughing and pointing at all the impatient people in here.
Just enjoy your forums while the developers are creating something special for us.
👀
You always do have something to say.
Can you please give us an update on what you've been told about version 2.3?
👀
@Kier can you please confirm what you all think are major releases on xf? just to stop us bickering.
👀

Hey @Chris D is there anymore updates in where you guys are at?
👀

Last edited:
Can you tell why e.g. Invision Community developers are constantly updating their stakeholders (i.e. customers) and discussing with them, providing timely updates and developing their software? I don't use their software but I have taken a peek. It seems they don't have trouble with engaging with the community and developing the software. Wouldn't this be an ideal situation here too?

I can't understand how anyone can be called impatient anymore, after Kier said a year ago that HYS would start in the coming weeks, and how it's been 3 years (?) soon since 2.2 came out.

I am genuinely worried this is the life support stage and this excellent piece of software's future is in danger. With the lack of communication and apparent progress, I'm surprised if most forum admins with a vested interest in the continued success of XF are not worried by now.

Be careful @markku and @Jake B. 👀... https://www.aussiefootyforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/forum-rules.94/#post-1860

Screenshot 2023-07-13 at 19.18.53.webp

Stop whinging all the time.
just be happy you have a XF forum of your own.
Geez talk about people with karen syndrome...

Why are you here then? Use phpBB, that's the best option for you.
I personally think the phpBB responsive "styles" still are lacking.
Suggest SMF instead.
One thing we have to hope for is that the x.Y.z release period of XF isn't the same as for SMF from 2.0 -> 2.1. But we are at about 1/3 of the way there currently.

I personally think the phpBB responsive "styles" still are lacking.
Suggest SMF instead.
One thing we have to hope for is that the x.Y.z release period of XF isn't the same as for SMF from 2.0 -> 2.1. But we are at about 1/3 of the way there currently.
vBulletin, SMF and phpBB giving me chills when I hear them. Dead software with no updates. I just hope that XF is not in the same direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom