Xenforo Review system - Would you invest

The system you describe is significantly different from a reviews system. The main similarity is that both need to be in a CMS.

Here is my want list for a reviews CMS:

A review is basically the same as an article, but has custom fields functions, possibility to add predefined questions to those fields and rating functions. The author gives ratings. Users can respond to the review with comments and with ratings. This yields an average user rating. Examples of review software: jreviews, ireviews,
  • Reviews should have different sections, so you could for example have sections for movie reviews, restaurant reviews and product reviews.
  • permissions per section
  • The overview of reviews of each section, should allow for different display options, to be set by the admin.
  • A store like display option.
  • Option to choose to only have editor rating functions or only user rating functions or both.
  • Optional 'Buy now' button on forumdisplay for affiliate products.
  • Navigation treeview menu widget to display categories.
  • A review can be in multiple categories/sections.
  • Reviews should have:
  • Author ratings, with pretty AJAX stars, bars and other pretty rating scales. Author ratings can be turned off.
  • Member ratings. Member ratings can be turned off.
  • Combined rating averages.
  • Rating value should have an alt text. For example: if you choose to have ratings with 1 - 5 stars, then hovering over a 5 star rating could state 'excellent', while hovering over a 1 star rating could stat
  • Admins should be able to define rating questions and custom fields.
  • Custom fields should allow:
    1. fields that work like tags. i.e. clicking on the word 'spaghetti' in a custom field would lead to all restaurants that serve spaghetti.
    2. fields with AJAX autofill functions.
    3. single line text fields
    4. multiple line text fields
    5. mandatory fields
    6. tickbox fields
    7. payment methods icons
  • Images with text wrap and image caption
  • Image carousel or another solution to allow a large number of images to be displayed.
  • Google maps integration. (show/browse all vendors/hotels/restaurants on a map)
  • Product video playing inline (youtube, vimeo, etc)
  • Amazon.com & other major affiliate network integration (automatically pull prices from Clickbank, Commission Junction and Amazon and add affiliateID to purchase link)
  • Automatic population of fields from amazon/other affiliate networks by ISBN or productID: image, product title, author, description, product details(up to weight)
  • Allow paid listing trough subscriptions and paid expanded listings. When a user pays for an expanded listing more custom fields become visible. For example: url, extended description, products & prices, offers, photos, Google maps, logo, etc.
  • A 'featured' widget that shows x companies. Companies can buy a listing in this widget.
  • Allow online and offline payments.
  • Allow users to claim listings. (for example: a restaurant owner can claim the listing for his restaurant and buy features for it)
  • When users claim listings or when listing owners buy expanded listings, first then let them agree to T&C.
  • After the user has agreed to it, also send a notification by email that they have agreed to the T&C.
  • Setting to moderate all edits & content posted by listing owners. (to avoid spam & unwanted content)
  • Allow users to post feedback to reviewed company. (visible in the listing, but separated from normal comments)
  • If the listing is claimed, then send this feedback to the owner. (email/pm) This feature can be bought by the listing owner.
  • Permission setting to hide comments to listing owner.
  • Permission setting to hide listings not owned by user.
  • Ability to compare prices of all vendors that sell product X
  • Summary charts for all restaurants that serve Y. i.e. a table that lists those restaurant, with the data from custom fields, as the admin defines.
  • Search for restaurants that have specific data in custom fields X, Y and Z.
  • Use rich snippets so that Google will show reviews & ratings
  • Reviews should be loaded with interactive AJAX/jquery functions.
  • CkEditor for users and admin side
  • Infractions & moderation tools
  • Searchable with XF search engine / Sphinx
  • Subscribe to entry
  • Tags
  • Usergroup permissions
  • Use of XF attachment system
  • XF postbit is shown
  • XF avatar is shown
  • profiles link to xf profile
  • design can be integrated
  • GARS importer
  • Allow for thousands of categories
  • Excellent SEO / link structure in pages and navigation
Yes, I want a lot. ;)

I think I will tackle a review system that uses categories.

It will double up as a directory also. Each category can have custom fields and use a different template if required.
Each category will have custom ratings.
Reviews can be enabled or disabled per category (so a category can act more like a directory)
I will include some of the functionality outlined by alfa1.

I have a quote and a coder willing to do this for $2800. If you would like to help make this happen, PC me for more details (review system will work much like Amazon.com's.)

I have a quote and a coder willing to do this for $2800. If you would like to help make this happen, PC me for more details (review system will work much like Amazon.com's.)

Hmm....I'd be interested in seeing what this is all about. If we can get enough people, we can bring the price down significantly.

I haven't gotten a good nights sleep in about a week and a half now. Been traveling. So I will take a day or two and get things organized and get back to all those that have requested info. Much more support than I had imagined.

I'd chip in for a reasonable product.

I like the model that initial investors acquire the rights of the addon, especially if the original creator isn't interested in supporting it.

I haven't gotten a good nights sleep in about a week and a half now. Been traveling. So I will take a day or two and get things organized and get back to all those that have requested info. Much more support than I had imagined.

I have to ask. What is the deal with your sig? It sounds super funny.

Everyone here should make note of this:

Review System
Like Amazon.com's
No other details.

======= Alert List ==========

I would buy such an add-on

So each thread constitutes a review, members can rate a thread

I'd be interested in this as well
I would invest in something like this.

If a system Reviews, complete with scores of visitors, comments, totally customizable, I am very interested.
I'm in for financial assistance, if needed. I will also need some custom tweaks made to include a Google Map and a form submission. I would basically want to turn the review add-on into a hybrid lead generation/business review system.
Here is my want list for a reviews CMS:

Thanks for notifying me, DD. I'm interested in hearing more information, and whether the coder can provide the additions that I would require for my site. Of course, I'd be willing to put in more money to make that happen.

Please add me to the Conversation.

Save you money, you have heard of GARS for vBulletin well I will have an alpha/beta of MARS (MyArticleAndReviewSystem) which will be ready for alpha testing by September 1st. Yes 1.5 months to wait but the end result will be a great article and review system. The current price being looked at is $50 but I will start a donation phase like I have done for MyGallery.

Save you money, you have heard of GARS for vBulletin well I will have an alpha/beta of MARS (MyArticleAndReviewSystem) which will be ready for alpha testing by September 1st. Yes 1.5 months to wait but the end result will be a great article and review system. The current price being looked at is $50 but I will start a donation phase like I have done for MyGallery.

Best news I've heard today :D Please post some screenshost when there something to show :)

Top Bottom